SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Dec 13, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #2,131 of 2,453
My a35 arrived today and I just took a micro sd out of one of my other players and it said there was nothing on it. Sorry I don't have the instructions for this device as it's second hand. How do I transfer songs on to it?

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #2,132 of 2,453
My a35 arrived today and I just took a micro sd out of one of my other players and it said there was nothing on it. Sorry I don't have the instructions for this device as it's second hand. How do I transfer songs on to it?
You need to create a folder called MUSIC (not sure if it has to be capitals or not actually)and dump the whole folder structure into that folder. May need to rescan the card first.

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #2,133 of 2,453
My a35 arrived today and I just took a micro sd out of one of my other players and it said there was nothing on it. Sorry I don't have the instructions for this device as it's second hand. How do I transfer songs on to it?[/QU

download the Sony Media Centre App and or Sony's Media Go App via Windows or Mac. Can be found by visiting the Sony Home Page. It is here you can transfer files to your A35. With regard to your SD card..go to setting and unmount the card and format it within the devise. Plug the A35 into your computer/Laptop. The Sony programme should see the player with both the internal and external storage. Let the programme add your files that are stored on your laptop to said Sony App. You can choose where to direct your music files to either the internal or card. Hope this helps.

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #2,134 of 2,453
Thanks both. Wow it’s a lovely little player. Really nice sound.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #2,136 of 2,453
Yeap. Really impressed with it. I've been using it in work all day with pk2s earbuds. Sound lovely

Dec 15, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #2,137 of 2,453
Hey I have a quick question for you guys, I am trying to find a good case for my NW-A36 and I like the look of the Sony silicone case but I'm not sure about silicone case in general for the fact that they have all been dust magnets for me.

Can you guys who own the Sony original silicone case give me some feedback on the case?

I am hoping that it's maybe of a different silicone material so it's not a dust magnet as the "normal" ones.

Thanks!

Dec 15, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #2,138 of 2,453
Hey I have a quick question for you guys, I am trying to find a good case for my NW-A36 and I like the look of the Sony silicone case but I'm not sure about silicone case in general for the fact that they have all been dust magnets for me.

Can you guys who own the Sony original silicone case give me some feedback on the case?

I am hoping that it's maybe of a different silicone material so it's not a dust magnet as the "normal" ones.

Thanks!
Hi, if you do a trawl on this thread you will see a leather case with a back stand that is made for the A30. Looks perfect.

Dec 15, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #2,139 of 2,453

Thanks!
I saw someone commenting about the official silicone case and that it is a lint magnet.
Personally I use this one - it's a hard case and feels nice in the hand
51y153Nb-2L.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #2,140 of 2,453
Hi, if you do a trawl on this thread you will see a leather case with a back stand that is made for the A30. Looks perfect.
Yeah I thought getting something like that and I still might for traveling so I can stuff it into my bag without worrying about it but for now I want a case for everyday home use.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

Dec 15, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #2,141 of 2,453
I saw someone commenting about the official silicone case and that it is a lint magnet.
Personally I use this one - it's a hard case and feels nice in the hand
51y153Nb-2L.jpg
I actually looked at these last night on ebay and almost got one but then I remember that I always had issues with hard case that they eventually wear down the finish of the underlying device after a while at the contact points.

Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #2,142 of 2,453
@kova4a .. just wondering would you think that the A30 needs more amp. The sq is great but is it lacking in the oomph department. I run it using the HIFIMAN RE-400'S but when I add a mobile amp it really shines. Maybe I'm just getting old!

Dec 15, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #2,143 of 2,453
@kova4a .. just wondering would you think that the A30 needs more amp. The sq is great but is it lacking in the oomph department. I run it using the HIFIMAN RE-400'S but when I add a mobile amp it really shines. Maybe I'm just getting old!
Well, this depends on you gear and preferred listening volume. I think I most use my at around 90, but occasionally with some iems raise it to circa 110-115 (I'm thankful for the volume cap removal tool). Personally, I don't think re400 needs that much juice, but YMMV. I have observed that at home I tend to listen to music louder, while outside I suddenly realize that I'm listening too loud and drop the volume to just above drowning the surrounding noise. So in a noise environment I tend to listen at 80-90 while at home at about 105

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #2,144 of 2,453
How do I get the volume cap removal tool?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back