SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Nov 9, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #2,041 of 2,453
No new firmware love for the A35?

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #2,044 of 2,453
Why should they update? I see no unfixed bugs. Also when the A30 got released it got like 4 updates in the first month, after that everything worked flawlessly.
That is true. However, since when did wishful thinking become illogical? :wink:

Nov 9, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #2,046 of 2,453
Simple reason: Sony did accomplish everything they wrote about the unit, so no need to invest more money into the product if the reviews are positive.
honestly i can do with a snappier UI but i guess thats why A40 is out.

Nov 13, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #2,048 of 2,453
Have any of you guys try to pair this player with apple earbuds? I tried with 2 of my apple earbuds and they sounds weird and muffled.The player sounds good though with my other headphones and iem (dt880, M50 and ety hf5).
Is it because of the audio plug? because the only differences that I found that apple earbuds have TRRS plug where 2 others have TRS plug.

Nov 16, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #2,049 of 2,453
Not trying to spam or anything, but the A35 is on Sale on Amazon Spain for the next 3 hours at 139,90€ in all colors but black.

https://www.amazon.es/Sony-NWA35-Re...m=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL&pf_rd_r=VNHFYM941J354ZFRHD4V

Yeah I saw this a couple of days ago - €55 less than I paid!

Oh well, I'm happy with the purchase so can't complain.

As for firmware:

Nice to have: snappier response in the UI

Bugs to fix:

Sometimes the player takes several presses of an on-screen button to perform the action.
After plugging in to a computer to charge the player goes to the last-played track but using the back button takes it to the initial menu, not the album list.

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #2,050 of 2,453
Amazon.de sold the black A35 at 99 euros earlier this week. It was posted in the EU deals thread, but after a few of us there ordered one the price was changed back to normal...

Mine just shipped today. Going to be interesting - never owned a Sony DAP before (except one of those CD player Walkmans back in the day!)

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #2,051 of 2,453
For the new software version I want
- Ability to check time without going into settings/device/time and date.
- I want better battery icon with more steps or percentage.
- A small keyboard to change playlists name and search songs at east only by name.(If possible)
- Album arts can still show up on the line up menu.
- UI can be same as A40 series (they are a little bit diffrent including now playing section)
- Deleting more than 1 folders or playlists or songs from bookmark or playlist in 1 step.

But Most importantly;
- I want flat sound (out of the box) without needing to eq lows and highs.
- Fixing the problem inconsistent lag occurs when using the side buttons or screen buttons.
- Fixing the lag when player is trying to play next song and screen on button is pressed on almost at the same time, screen turns on with almost 2 full seconds of delay causing wheater I pressed it or not and sometimes pressing of the same button for several times and lengthening the lag more.
- General scrolling lag (stutter) and loading the album arts.
- If you want to see a song's properties or you want delete it from the bookmark lists the scrollbar hits at the same spot, you cannot touch it until the scroll bar fades. Especially happpens with the last song on the bookmark list.
And fix of my biggest problem which drives me crazy:
Does anybody having following problem with their A30 Walkman?

When I am using the touchscreen, device freezes, screen and side buttons becomes unresponsive, but audio continues about 10 seconds. Then audio cuts and device restarts itself.

I don't know why this happens but It happens me about once in 2 or 3 days, It's getting me frustrated because of the long start up time. Software version 1.20 Thanks.

I really wish Apple had a sound focused player with support for diffrent files.

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #2,052 of 2,453
Have any of you guys try to pair this player with apple earbuds? I tried with 2 of my apple earbuds and they sounds weird and muffled.The player sounds good though with my other headphones and iem (dt880, M50 and ety hf5).
Is it because of the audio plug? because the only differences that I found that apple earbuds have TRRS plug where 2 others have TRS plug.
Some headphones with mic are wired different and mess upthe player conections, so... it tend to sound very bad.
I had problems with some android earbuds too.
just try to use headphones without mic or remote controls.

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #2,053 of 2,453
Amazon.de sold the black A35 at 99 euros earlier this week. It was posted in the EU deals thread, but after a few of us there ordered one the price was changed back to normal...

Mine just shipped today. Going to be interesting - never owned a Sony DAP before (except one of those CD player Walkmans back in the day!)

Don't forget that you will have to create a folder called music and put all the files (they can be in the normal structure you have, just in that one folder) for either the internal or sd card for the player to pick them up.

Nov 19, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #2,055 of 2,453

Can it be because the apple buds are, hmm, sub-par? At least you shouldn't compare them to the ety hf5, they are not in the same ballpark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back