SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Sep 3, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #1,862 of 2,453
Hmm. The A40. That's interesting and annoying as I've started to seriously look at the A35, though the A40 hasn't shown up on the Sony UK website yet. Anyway could do with some help. While I've been looking at the A35 i came across a negative 1-star review on Amazon. While I generally ignore these reviews as I never know if they simply gave it a negative review because they did not know What they were doing with the product, part of the review interested me. I quote

"You can ONLY charge the Walkman via the included USB/PC cable. Other chargers will damage the device due to incompatible charging speed-rates. SanDisk SD cards are temperamental with the device. I had to seek a refund. Though this is not SanDisk's fault. Sony advise to use ONLY a Sony SD card because others will glitch-out. Yet the suitable Sony SD cards are not available! This is quite ridiculous and infuriating."

Q1 - Does anyone know if this is true about the charging cable speedrates and the potential damage to the device. If it's a cable I can easily source it's not that too much of a problem but I have never heard this before but this is my first Sony MP3 player.

Q2 - Are Sandisk cards tempremental with the machine?. Has anyone had any problems?

Thank You Very Much For Your Time

I noticed that the ZX300 is on the Sony UK site and the A45 is on the Sony Canada site along with the ZX300. This is unusual as stuff typically gets released much later in Canada than Europe

Sep 3, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #1,864 of 2,453
Yes the sony cable as it is proprietary i have ordered a sony to micro usb adapter WMP-NWM10 but it has not arrived yet

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #1,869 of 2,453
Sep 3, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #1,870 of 2,453
Sep 5, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #1,875 of 2,453
This guy also had no ide What he was doing/writing

You can charge only with a cable that has WM port plug. No need for Sony brand. The charger itself can be anything, as a matter of fact there is no charger inlcuded in the package

I have no issues with Samsung microSD cards, so it's clearly not "Sony cards only"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back