SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Aug 7, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #1,756 of 2,453
IMG_0304.JPG IMG_0305.JPG IMG_0309.JPG IMG_0312.JPG IMG_0308.JPG IMG_0307.JPG IMG_0306.JPG IMG_0303.JPG IMG_0302.JPG IMG_0301.JPG Hard to describe what a mighty lil player the A35 is. It just slams! Here's a good starting point on settings for a band like Rage Against The Machine!

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #1,757 of 2,453
oh sure there is a difference between flat and everything boosted by a margin on that EQ. the boosts are centered at the frequency mentioned, and then will start to go down again on both sides(I don't have one so I can't check the actual shape). you really end up with some undulating shape as final frequency response getting out of the DAP. that is probably audible at least in the mids and maybe everywhere. then there is your little change in the trebles. and perhaps also a little bit of subjective improvement from loudness.
I admit I jump on the louder is better because way too many people ignore that crucial element when testing stuff. and most believe it's not really relevant(and they're soooooo wrong). but it's still my bad for assuming it was the only cause for you feeling a change. :smile_cat:
bad castleofargh jumping to conclusion, bad!!!
Lol. Well, I admit, my experience of EQ is for a completely different purpose: to make my instrument stand out from the band. And this usually means pushing only my mids up (ok, maybe a little 1.5db overall boost) while leaving the rest status quo. while the rest of the band remains at their usual volumes, the mids will allow my guitar to be heard more prominently by the listener during solos. But EQing a full audio palette is a little different. So thanks for your suggestions. I did try it. It just means I should be using a different DAP if I'm maximising everything already. Hahahaha!!

Aug 8, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #1,758 of 2,453
Def start with some good quality files tho!

IMG_0310.JPG

Aug 8, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #1,760 of 2,453
I'm wondering why Sony still did not added support of online services to it's walkman lineup?

I need Google Music on my device and currently the only way i can get it is to buy device with android.

Aug 8, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #1,761 of 2,453
Quick dirty phone pic..
Loving this player, for $120 it's just great!
Sounds a little cold, until you turn on the Phase Linearizer but awesome after that.
Quite like the Media Go software, although it's slow it has cleaned up my tags and album artwork nicely and I'm working through my collection tidying up things that have been ignored for years. :wink:
Unsurprisingly, very nice synergy with the Sony XBA N3. :)DSC01719-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #1,764 of 2,453
I wish i can buy it for 120 $
The full retail price in Malaysia is $230, but there are a few places starting to have sales of them at around $135-140. Sony have frequent sales here, I paid $190 for my XBA N3. :)
I got lucky with a local supplier, lowest price and a discount coupon ended up at exactly $120 equivalent. It is made in Malaysia so should be cheapest here.. :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #1,765 of 2,453
I paid $190 for my XBA N3. :) They are made in Malaysia so should be cheapest here.. :wink:
Strange, on mine N3AP i see that THAILAND is written :)
But anyway you're lucky.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #1,767 of 2,453
I have a question about compatible noise-cancelling headphones.

I bought my A35 without headphones, thinking that my old ones from my A15 would work, but they don't.

In the A35 menu it states that noise cancellation is available with "MDR-NW750N/NE" headphones, which are detailed on Sony UK here: http://www.sony.com.tw/en/electronics/walkman-digital-music-players-accessories/mdr-nw750n

However, they don't seem to available to buy anywhere except e-bay, and they're very expensive. There are very similar ones easily available - MDR-NC750 - which look exactly the same but are sold as compatible with the better Sony mobiles and make no mention of the A35 or other music players.

So, are these "NC" earphones compatible or are the only compatible ones the "NW"s?

I'd like to be able to use the noise cancelling as it's the main reason I waited for the A35, but they've made old earphones incompatible (deliberately, I'm sure) and the new ones aren't really available unless these ones marketed for mobiles work.

Many thanks for any input here.
My old pair of Sony MDR-NC31EM works fine

Aug 9, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #1,768 of 2,453
I'm wondering why Sony still did not added support of online services to it's walkman lineup?

I need Google Music on my device and currently the only way i can get it is to buy device with android.

Because for the NW A series, Sony prefers long battery life. And I like to have the same choice, either android, or long battery life. Good time to be a consumer in the DAP market again.

Aug 9, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #1,769 of 2,453
Because for the NW A series, Sony prefers long battery life. And I like to have the same choice, either android, or long battery life. Good time to be a consumer in the DAP market again.
So your saying that it's impossible to add google music support without using android? :) sounds kinda strange for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back