SONY NW-A20 SERIES
Jan 10, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #391 of 430

​he must have bought it in store.sony.com.mx i am also form mx

Great to see fellow citizens in the forum!
It looks like I'm a little late on stage deal for the player
frown.gif

check later perhaps in february they stage a discount or wait to see if sony mexico releases the new A30

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #393 of 430
Just to confirm the rockbox volume hack works on UK NW-A35 without issue, now rocking a USA model with no volume limit!
Used to listen at 85, equivalent is now 60-65

Used "scsitool-nwz-v6.exe d: dest_tool set U off​" in cmd, took around 10 mins including reset and rescan of 55GB tracks.

Thanks Rockbox!

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #394 of 430
  Just to confirm the rockbox volume hack works on UK NW-A35 without issue, now rocking a USA model with no volume limit!
Used to listen at 85, equivalent is now 60-65

Used "scsitool-nwz-v6.exe d: dest_tool set U off​" in cmd, took around 10 mins including reset and rescan of 55GB tracks.

Thanks Rockbox!

​Good to know so next time i can buy a walkman in germany and hack it LOL, hoping sony doesnt find out

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #395 of 430
​Good to know so next time i can buy a walkman in germany and hack it LOL, hoping sony doesnt find out

Would Sony care? They are covered from a legal perspective and it means people in the EU can buy the walkman again without worrying if it will be loud enough. I'm a potential customer again now thanks to the hack after being bitten with a quiet walkman a few years ago.

Dec 31, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #397 of 430
Hi guys, first timer here and wondering if I could get some real life opinions regarding the A25 vs the A35, exclusively in terms of Sound Quality (nothing else please).

My question was ignored on the A30 thread so trying my luck here.

Are there significant differences between them when used both exclusively with the Sony MDR-1A?

Thank you!

May 26, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #398 of 430
Lost my 2 A27HN's (one dropped in water, second just lost somewhere :frowning2:(), so if anyone needs pictures of a split-up A27 (or spare parts in Netherlands) - let me know :)
Went for A45, all is cool, except 2 things:
- A30/A40 series don't analyze music for SensMe anymore, you need MediaGo for that. No MediaGo for Mac thou, so I'm (*@&^$ there
- A45 in combination with A27HN NC headphones does a much worse job of noise canceling than A27 did. :frowning2:((

Improvement: now when you connect through USB, you see both player and SD-card as 2 separate drives simultaneously and don't need to switch.

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #399 of 430
Lost my 2 A27HN's (one dropped in water, second just lost somewhere :frowning2:(), so if anyone needs pictures of a split-up A27 (or spare parts in Netherlands) - let me know :)

Commiserations, put my A10 through the wash a few months ago :frowning2:
Sony's product cycle can be frustrating, seems like always one step forward one step back with the features they change. Hopefully the upcoming A50 can find a happy medium.

May 29, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #401 of 430

Users who are viewing this thread

Back