SONY NW-A20 SERIES
Mar 26, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #271 of 430
Hi all

I'm very keen in getting A25 over fiiox1 or fiiox3 gen 2 now.
Because its portable and seems to support high res music.

Just curious for A25, will FLAC ripped off CDs sound all right or digital? What's the benefit of turning on their dsee bla...
Can the player play legal m4a songs bought from Itunes store?

Also, I thought the expandable memory only allowed up to 128GB?O.O

Can they drive Audio technica portable phones well like around 42-60ohm?
Or any other recommendation?

As for the SD card will sandisk microsd ultra class 10 do fine?

I'm from Singapore and they sell in stores here for about 299SGD.

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #272 of 430
  Hi all

I'm very keen in getting A25 over fiiox1 or fiiox3 gen 2 now.
Because its portable and seems to support high res music.

Just curious for A25, will FLAC ripped off CDs sound all right or digital? What's the benefit of turning on their dsee bla...
Can the player play legal m4a songs bought from Itunes store?

Also, I thought the expandable memory only allowed up to 128GB?O.O

Can they drive Audio technica portable phones well like around 42-60ohm?
Or any other recommendation?

As for the SD card will sandisk microsd ultra class 10 do fine?

I'm from Singapore and they sell in stores here for about 299SGD.

For me the A10 and the ZX100 now sound alright and detailed, DSEE HX for me makes no sense with FLAC files i leave it off
Itunes purchased music well need to look after my apple ID LOL (lost it) and check for you if i can access my itunes pruchases

Nope, the expandable memory supports up to the new 200GB microSD from sandisk
 My ZX100 drives my XBA-A3 just fine which are 32-ohm and my MDR-1R 40-ohm i think fine too but they are not a match
The sd card class 10 is fine for hi-res music

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #273 of 430
Hey guys, I've had my A-25 for about 6 months now. Love it.

Quick question, do I need to use a DAC to improve the sound? Or can I just buy a better amp? Im currently use an E12 and considering getting a Magni or something better. Someone told me that a DAC wouldn't be necessary since the A-25 is a DAP.

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #274 of 430
  For me the A10 and the ZX100 now sound alright and detailed, DSEE HX for me makes no sense with FLAC files i leave it off
Itunes purchased music well need to look after my apple ID LOL (lost it) and check for you if i can access my itunes pruchases

My ZX100 drives my XBA-A3 just fine which are 32-ohm and my MDR-1R 40-ohm i think fine too but they are not a match

gerel Thanks for your reply.
biggrin.gif

Hi to all
Can the Sony A20 play FLAC ripped from EAC? I read somewhere it cant.

Mar 27, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #275 of 430

gerel Thanks for your reply.:D

Hi to all
Can the Sony A20 play FLAC ripped from EAC? I read somewhere it cant.

I rip my flac with dbpower amp and it can play them, even 24 bit flacs I ripped from sacd ISO

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #276 of 430
Does anyone have any insight into when this will be officially launching in the US? I see the new headphones and speakers are starting to be available, and am interested in trying this and the NW-ZX100.

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #277 of 430
Hi

I'm tempted to pick up an NW-25 (without Euro volume cap). My last DAP was an Ibasso DX50, which I moved on due to the lack of proper gapless playback.

My understanding is that the Sony does gapless with lossless files?

I'd like to use the player with a Fiio E18. Would a Fiio Sony connector (analogue) do the job, or would the Sony digital lead (which is, of course, expensive) be a worthwhile purchase?

I'm a bit concerned by the reports of low volume from the Sony's analogue dock connection.

Grateful for your views.

Thanks

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #278 of 430
For A20 the max loudness in my opinion is loud enough to pierce your ears. For zx100 is loud enough to make you deaf.but I use a harder to drive phone around 42 ohms. Not too sure about iems.

I personally prefer sound signature of a25. But zx100 is more robust in build and has a wider and deeper soundstage.

My 2 cents after testing out at store. But ill still pick a25 if I really want due to cost and portability factor.

Apr 9, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #280 of 430
I would like to know whether NWZ A25 will work with Windows XP ( SP3) 

Any idea? 

Are u able to check with any local retailer? I can help u ask but just afraid they will give wrong information. I went to one of the Sony stores and the salesman can't even confirm it could hold external up to 128GB till I ask him to confirm

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #281 of 430
Are there two different versions of the Sony NW-A25 and Sony NW-A25HN?

This site says:-
Headphones included only with A25HN, A26HN and A27HN models. Not included with the A25.
http://www.sony.com/gh/electronics/walkman/nw-a20-series

Bought one second hand from CEX and not convinced. Back just says NW-A25. No headphones but a bag of earbuds.

Thanks

Apr 9, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #282 of 430
Are there two different versions of the Sony NW-A25 and Sony NW-A25HN?

This site says:-
Headphones included only with A25HN, A26HN and A27HN models. Not included with the A25.
http://www.sony.com/gh/electronics/walkman/nw-a20-series

Bought one second hand from CEX and not convinced. Back just says NW-A25. No headphones but a bag of earbuds.

Thanks

That I'm not too sure hopefully someone reply u. But I think thetes 2 versions created depending on your country. I read somewhere there's different goodies too. Having free headphone may not be good its more expensive. I rather invest on a good headphone

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #284 of 430
as i had a fiio x3 (1st gen) and now i have a sony a15 i can't find differences in their sound signature except than fiio has a better amp(lifier) so it's more loud if you want it to but you can find a sony a10 or 20 series as i see without the volume "cap". (as i read also my sony (a15) is much better in sound quality (SQ) than fiio x1).

the battery in sony's are at least 2 times better than fiio x3 and surely better than fiio x1 who has better battery than x3.

in general i don't recommend fiio which i was loving it when i had it but it "left" me after some days of using it because its battery was DEAD. (After putting a new OFFICIAL battery something happened in installation and the headphone-out was not working and now i'm selling it!!!).

i suggest you to go with sony as is more "robust" and quite good overall!!!

BTW you said you have an MP3 collection. Why don't you go with the cheap Sansa Clip Rockbox(ed)???. Just perfect and cheap also!!!

p.s. sony (at least mine if you want to "go" with it) has fantastic features concerning MP3's. Search for it too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back