SONY NW-A20 SERIES
Sep 4, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #346 of 430
Did you volume match the two devices?  A volume level of, say, a 15 on a classic may  blow away a level 15 on a Sony.  However, you need to make sure the decibel level is equal for a true comparison.  So, your Sony may need to be a 20 to match the classic's 15.  Then compare the sound.   

Did my comparison test with both devices connected to my car thru USBs.

I'll try using cans next.

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #347 of 430
I find DSEE HX function very useful. I kept it ON and listened to several songs. When I turned it OFF , difference could be clearly made out. It makes the sound more clean and crisp. Particularly more useful to mp3 files , also somewhat useful to wav and FLAC files

Oct 3, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #350 of 430
I am thinking of getting the PHA-1A to pair with my A25. But I am wondering if I should return my A25 and get the ZX100 instead. What sounds better? The A25+PHA-1A or the ZX100?

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #351 of 430
where is the cheapest online shop that has the 16GB model with the headphones?, strangely the Japanese version is the cheapest on eBay with the headphones included but I'm done with Japanese menus.

Can we change the language on the Japanese version to English?

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #355 of 430
Hey guys,

First post here, I've looked through a lot of posts on this thread. I'm very much thinking of buying the nw-a25's alongside the new 1000x's which support LDAC streaming. I'll be coming from an iPhone and Bose QC 35's which I'll sell. I do have some higher res audio (FLAC) but not a great deal. My MP3's are all 320 Kbps. On e question I have is Will these MP3's sound better through this player than on my iPhone? I've not really seen any comparisons, and have seen a few complaints about the audio quality for MP3's. I know higher res files are what you need, but that could take a while to get. Would appreciate the feed back

Cheers

Oct 28, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #358 of 430

That means A30 series replaces A20's?
A20 and A10 are as good as phased out?! 

I bet so

but go an email from them shortly after if i want to preorder a WM1A 
biggrin.gif
 i replied as fast as an angry cobra bitting

Oct 28, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #360 of 430
does the japan version a25 have english language? im asking because there is a local ad for a25 and im very interested but its japan version.

japanese does not have english menu, the only way to have one japanese unit w/english is to a)import from somehwere else that sells non japanese and non EU units or B) fly to japan, and buy a "tourist's version"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back