Sony MH1C and. Monoprice 8320?
Dec 29, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #16 of 54
Quote:
The vocal of mh1c is muffled am I correct?

I would not say muffled but the top end all around is not not quite as clear, detailed, crisp imo.

Quote:
Between those 2 I'd have to say the MH1C is the better IEM the whole way around with build quality and sound quality.  They have a cleaner sound with better bass impact and a better soundstage and imaging and the one thing the Mono's do better is they have a quicker bass response as the MH1C has a slower bass with longer decay times.

Much better fit as well but yes the sound is much more bass but not quite as tight although the Mono may sound tighter as the sub is no where near the MH1C imo.

Quote:
I have Monoprice 8320 and a recabled Sony MH1C and i can say that MH1c beats MP8320 hands down. They are not in the same league for my ears. Whenever i want to listen to my other IEMs( RE272, GR01, X10) , I always end up reaching for my MH1C. the only IEMs that can share listening time with MH1C are the Vsonic GR07 trio( V1, MKII, Bass Edition).

I like your after pic but can you provide some more details on how it was done (products procedure etc.) or even video as a lot of people would like to do the same thing but do not want to ruin their headphones. Thanks.

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #20 of 54
Quote:
I have Monoprice 8320 and a recabled Sony MH1C and i can say that MH1c beats MP8320 hands down. They are not in the same league for my ears. Whenever i want to listen to my other IEMs( RE272, GR01, X10) , I always end up reaching for my MH1C. the only IEMs that can share listening time with MH1C are the Vsonic GR07 trio( V1, MKII, Bass Edition).

^ this.

I still think there are at least 2 "versions" of the MH1. I can't understand when people say their MH1 have a muffled sound/poor highs/excessive bass. Mine are very balanced (no gobs of bass as some have reported), with a crisp top-end which is brighter than my RE-272, and almost as bright as my Rock-IT R-50. Also, the detail retrieval on my MH1 is almost on par with the R-50, with an even better spatial positioning and a wider soundstage (no kidding).

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #22 of 54
It probably depends a lot on your seal, as well depending on the player they are using it may actually do something different for volume / EQ.  My Galaxy Nexus for example recognizes headsets with microphone differently from regular headphones and have different volume settings when you plug them in. Most people don't mention what sort of music they listen to either so it's hard to establish a baseline.

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #23 of 54
Quote:
so my MH1C is fake? O.o
bought them from Amazon fulfilled when they were $29

As far as I know, there are no fakes of these (so far...)

Mine were bought on eBay at around the same price.

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #25 of 54
Quote:
It probably depends a lot on your seal, as well depending on the player they are using it may actually do something different for volume / EQ.  My Galaxy Nexus for example recognizes headsets with microphone differently from regular headphones and have different volume settings when you plug them in. Most people don't mention what sort of music they listen to either so it's hard to establish a baseline.

I listen to a lot of different musical genres (classical, rock/metal, several types of electronic music, jazz, folk, you name it), and there's no one of them on which the MH1 sounds muffled/dark. I have used them with the stock tips, Sony hybrids and Comply T-series, and I have not noticed a substantial difference in the sound signature when switching tips. My main source is a Cowon J3 (unamped).

Quote:
that's weird..
im sure that its not seal problem. 

I know it's weird! That's why I'm finally coming to the conclusion that not every MH1 sound the same.

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #27 of 54
Quote:
maybe i should buy a extra pair from ebay and compare

Notice that I have the MH1, not the MH1C (they are supposed to sound the same though).

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #29 of 54
Quote:
k, i will try the white MH1

But bear in mind that the MH1 won't work in most PMPs unless the answer button is being pressed. I had to "mod" mine in order to it to work normally in my J3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back