Sony MDR1-ABT Impressions
Oct 20, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #212 of 392
That depends on what you wired it into ? A smartphone ? Yeah, it will be crap

Nope, zx1, dx90 , and a few other DAC/amp combos. Also the sound straight out of my Galaxy S3 , with other headphones, is quite acceptable if not the best. Could be something wrong with my 1abt but the bt is fine and it goes for 30 hours so I'm not too stressed about it.

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #213 of 392
Nope, zx1, dx90 , and a few other DAC/amp combos. Also the sound straight out of my Galaxy S3 , with other headphones, is quite acceptable if not the best. Could be something wrong with my 1abt but the bt is fine and it goes for 30 hours so I'm not too stressed about it.

That ? Is strange, as it doesn't make any senses. For example, the S-Master on the headphones itself can not be as good of a quality as the ZX1. But I don't have it, so I wouldn't know why, or how to help you out there :D. I went with Z7 and SA5000 instead :wink:

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #214 of 392
That ? Is strange, as it doesn't make any senses. For example, the S-Master on the headphones itself can not be as good of a quality as the ZX1. But I don't have it, so I wouldn't know why, or how to help you out there :D. I went with Z7 and SA5000 instead :wink:

As I said it may be a defect on my 1abt, but I'm not sure what could be causing it. Anyways, I'll just be satisfied with the fantastic Bluetooth sound :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #215 of 392
As I said it may be a defect on my 1abt, but I'm not sure what could be causing it. Anyways, I'll just be satisfied with the fantastic Bluetooth sound :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Satisfying is such a "nightmare" when it comes to audio quality for us all....as mostly people will just keep buying and spending LOL.....lucky you that you have reached into that stage for a while. Enjoy your 1Abt

Oct 20, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #216 of 392
Satisfying is such a "nightmare" when it comes to audio quality for us all....as mostly people will just keep buying and spending LOL.....lucky you that you have reached into that stage for a while. Enjoy your 1Abt

Oh I'll keep buying and spending for sure. Just not on these headphones :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks.

Oct 20, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #217 of 392

Are you using the 3.5mm cable that came with the headphones? I tried using another cable and it didn't fit all the way into the 1ABT jack, which caused it to sound really bad.

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #220 of 392
  i just ordered these i hope they are good ...

They should be perfect for pairing with your A17 - let us know your impressions.

I'm especially interested in a comparison between lossless material over LDAC vs AptX bluetooth using a smartphone.

EDIT: I take it your A17 has been upgraded to the latest firmware (v1.20)?

Oct 22, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #222 of 392

They should be perfect for pairing with your A17 - let us know your impressions.

I'm especially interested in a comparison between lossless material over LDAC vs AptX bluetooth using a smartphone.

EDIT: I take it your A17 has been upgraded to the latest firmware (v1.20)?

Yes i have upgraded my firmware i am looking forward to comparing LDAC with APTX ..I to see if there is any discernible difference between both  

Oct 22, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #223 of 392
  But unfortunately the agreement as that I won't be able to open it until Christmas haha 

The way around that (and a very valid reason too) is to say that you need to check for proper functioning in case you need to return it.
wink.gif
 Don't want to wait until X-Mas only to find issues and be outside of the return period

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #224 of 392
Hi ! I have a problem with the MDR1-ABT and I really need help !!

I bought the headphone a week ago, and I wasn't able to connect it on my computer. Through the windows driver, it was working, but not with CSR Harmony -- and so not in aptx. It was because the windows drivers were causing some compability issues. So I uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled CSR, but still, it wasn't working. Then I tried to go to the registry to erase totally the Windows drivers -- still nothing.

After some hours of despair, looking at all the help that I can found on the internet, I decided to buy A NEW COMPUTER.
Obviously, I have put my bluetooth tongle AFTER installing CSR Harmony, so that the Windows drivers won't find me !
Now the headphone is working on CSR Harmony -- but I really don't think it's on aptx ! And so I'm basically in the same situation than before.
But that's the thing: how to know if we're on aptx or not ? I know there's supposed to be a logo when we first connect our headphone, and no, I haven't seen it. 

On the manual, I read that if we want to change the priority on the connection (sound or stable), I need to read the Help Guide. I just did, it's here :
http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/1abt/v1/en/print.html#TP0000773451

They don't talk about that !
Still, I found a help guide of the MDR10BT that say that you must press the VOLUM BUTTON +, but obviously it's not the case on the MDR1ABT. Anyway, in this same guide they say the flashes can help us to know if we're on aptx or not. If it flashes one or two times, no, if it flashes three times, then yes. My Sony MDR1ABT flashes two times... but I don't know if the flashes system of the MDR10BT applies on the MDR1ABT ! The help guide and the manual are craps (and it's strange because it seems the help guide for the other headphones are a lot better). I just can't find how to know and change the codec system ! Please help me, it's been a week and I'm tired of it ! I'll be forever grateful. And forgive me for my english, it's not my primary language...

(Oh and my dongle is this one, by the way : http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/440491/logilink-micro-bluetooth-40-usb-(apt-x).html )

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #225 of 392
I just put on the headphones properties on windows "DVD Quality" rather than "CD Quality" and it's now flashes three times. Does that mean it's now on aptx ? And that aptx, on windows, = "DVD Quality" ?! And so that the flashes have the same meanings than the MDR10BT, even if the help guide doesn't say so ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back