Sony MDR1-ABT Impressions
Oct 9, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #196 of 392
For a BT headphone, do you think the Sony MDR-1ABT are worth it? 

Iv'e been able to find a pair in Australia (Brand new) for $389 (US$284.81) 

or do you think that there are better options out there? 

I own both the 1abt and the 1a. I think the 1abt sounds better than the 1a. The bass punches a lot better. The bass on the 1a is a little looser. Also imo the 1abt sounds better than the wired Momentum 2, which seemed too bass light for me. In short the 1abt is a fantastic hp period. I wish I got it at that price. Even better value than the $460 aud I paid. Damn u! :wink:

Oct 9, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #197 of 392
  For a BT headphone, do you think the Sony MDR-1ABT are worth it? 

Iv'e been able to find a pair in Australia (Brand new) for $389 (US$284.81) 

or do you think that there are better options out there? 

I've tried a lot of Bluetooth headphones, and I haven't been able to find one I like better than the 1ABT.

Oct 9, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #198 of 392
I have had my 1abt's for 3 weeks and a few days. I wanted to see how long they would last on one charge and I put them on charge the day I got them to make sure they were fully charged. I use them most days Mon-Fri for a couple of hours a day and amazingly I still haven't to charge them again yet. That's well over 30 hours and when I turn them on I am still getting 2 red flashes on the led charge indicator. I was impressed with the sound using LDAC, but the battery life is just another bonus.

Oct 9, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #199 of 392
I own both the 1abt and the 1a. I think the 1abt sounds better than the 1a. The bass punches a lot better. The bass on the 1a is a little looser. Also imo the 1abt sounds better than the wired Momentum 2, which seemed too bass light for me. In short the 1abt is a fantastic hp period. I wish I got it at that price. Even better value than the $460 aud I paid. Damn u! :wink:

Wow, that's very interesting!
I might just go for it :)

What's interesting is that I sent him a question as the box was of the BT version but the title of the listing said that is was the DAC version.

He has replied and he said that his selling the DAC version for AU$389!? He got the pictures mixed up.

Can I use the DAC wirelessly and are they better than the BT version? got clarification from the seller that it can't be used wirelessly. Still an amazing price but I'd get more use of the BT version with MY ipod Nano 7th gen.

I'm waiting on a reply from him to find out the price of the BT version.

UPDATE: Unfortunately his sold the BT version but I've asked him if he doesn't mind letting me know how much he sold it for. As I've found the BT brand new sealed somewhere else and his willing to price match it If I've found it being sold for cheaper.

Oct 10, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #200 of 392
Wow, that's very interesting!
I might just go for it :)

What's interesting is that I sent him a question as the box was of the BT version but the title of the listing said that is was the DAC version.

He has replied and he said that his selling the DAC version for AU$389!? He got the pictures mixed up.

Can I use the DAC wirelessly and are they better than the BT version? got clarification from the seller that it can't be used wirelessly. Still an amazing price but I'd get more use of the BT version with MY ipod Nano 7th gen.

I'm waiting on a reply from him to find out the price of the BT version.

UPDATE: Unfortunately his sold the BT version but I've asked him if he doesn't mind letting me know how much he sold it for. As I've found the BT brand new sealed somewhere else and his willing to price match it If I've found it being sold for cheaper.

I was considering the 1adac as well, but it only has an 8 hour battery life and like you I have more bt compatible devices. I'm very happy with the bt sound from my 1abt. The only drawback is it's slightly bulky on my smaller than average head.

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #202 of 392
Has anyone had a chance to try the 1abt with the ldac feature?

Ah, the 64 million dollar question! 
smily_headphones1.gif
   I've been trying to get an answer to this question pretty much since the 1ABT came out.

Hopefully, it won't be long now, given that the new Xperia Z5 phones have LDAC.

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #205 of 392
Anyone know if Sony will add ldac to any of it's cheaper phones? Been thinking about replacing my old Galaxy S3 and thought I might as well use it as my main dap as well.

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #207 of 392
And? And? :smiley_cat::dizzy_face:

Here was my initial impression http://www.head-fi.org/t/760674/sony-mdr1-abt-impressions/45#post_11687122
Now that my 1ABT and A15 are fully burned and with the latest firmware of A15 (firmware 1.20), I like the SQ through LDAC even more
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone know if Sony will add ldac to any of it's cheaper phones? Been thinking about replacing my old Galaxy S3 and thought I might as well use it as my main dap as well.

I don't think so.  So far it's only available on Z3+/Z4, Z5, and Z4 Tablet

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #208 of 392
Hi all, looking around for new BT headphones again as it has been some time.

Has anyone used the 1ABT with their iPhones? Wondering if the AAC codec quality is comparable with what you get from an Apt-X codec device? I have been very impressed with my older SBH-80s via Apt-X and cannot go back to SBC codecs anymore : P

Also, is the 1ABT made in Japan by any chance? Thanks!

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #209 of 392
Here was my initial impression http://www.head-fi.org/t/760674/sony-mdr1-abt-impressions/45#post_11687122
Now that my 1ABT and A15 are fully burned and with the latest firmware of A15 (firmware 1.20), I like the SQ through LDAC even more :)

I don't think so.  So far it's only available on Z3+/Z4, Z5, and Z4 Tablet

Thanks for the link and impressions. I didn't see that in the thread before. I think the only way I'll go ldac is if Sony puts it on a cheaper phone or they upgrade the zx1 with the feature, which I already own. Could they also maybe release the feature as an android and iOS app, or is it hardware dependant? Wishful thoughts. In any case I don't want too many gadgets in my pocket. :poop:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back