Sony MDR-ZX700, NEW! ZX Series Studio Monitor Unboxing Video
Apr 9, 2011 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

DjAmTraX

Now known as: HiFiGuy528
Just got this up on to YouTube.  Hope you guys like it and please share or comment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QQQXjulM7w

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 30
I would be more interesting in hearing comments about the sound quality, sound signature (foward/laid-back, soundstage) etc as it hasn't been commented that much on yet.

BTW the XB700 package didn't need to be "destroyed" for me at least, both my XB500 and XB700 packages could be opened without destroying it with plastic "clips" on the back, wonder if Sony provided different packages to americans and europeans. :p

Also is there a hole on the backside of the cup beneath the headband? You commented something about it in the end about a "pod" or something but didn't quite make out what it really was. Venting the cups often makes a lot sense soundstage wise and often basswise depending on size.

Design wise this headphone will have both lovers and haters, personally I like this simplistic design. Man I look forward to when I get a job, I'm just about finishing my studies, I'm quite envy of you when you keep trying out like 5 or so headphones a month it feels like. :p

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #3 of 30

Quote:
I would be more interesting in hearing comments about the sound quality, sound signature (foward/laid-back, soundstage) etc as it hasn't been commented that much on yet.

x2 as I'm considering getting one for portable use

BTW the XB700 package didn't need to be "destroyed" for me at least, both my XB500 and XB700 packages could be opened without destroying it with plastic "clips" on the back, wonder if Sony provided different packages to americans and europeans. :p

Also is there a hole on the backside of the cup beneath the headband? You commented something about it in the end about a "pod" or something but didn't quite make out what it really was. Venting the cups often makes a lot sense soundstage wise and often basswise depending on size.

hmm I think so. Z1000 has that holes.

Design wise this headphone will have both lovers and haters, personally I like this simplistic design. Man I look forward to when I get a job, I'm just about finishing my studies, I'm quite envy of you when you keep trying out like 5 or so headphones a month it feels like. :p

He must be very rich==
I love the design very much.

Apr 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #4 of 30
I will update this thread once the headphones are burned in for I get a chance to give it a good listen. Stay tuned!  Thank you for everyone's interest. 

I do think the holes are vents too.

This was the packaging I saw in Asia.

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #5 of 30
So far, I found it best when paired with my X-Series Walkman.  To my surprise, it doesn't sound all that great with an amp.  A few more days before I post my impressions and lots of pictures.  Stay tuned.  

Any requests on what I should compare it to?  See my sig. for my current collection.

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #6 of 30

Quote:
So far, I found it best when paired with my X-Series Walkman.  To my surprise, it doesn't sound all that great with an amp.  A few more days before I post my impressions and lots of pictures.  Stay tuned.  

Any requests on what I should compare it to?  See my sig. for my current collection.

hmm.. Sony v6/7506, k271
Good news for me to know that it doesn't really need amping, was expecting that :D

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #7 of 30
ops double post==

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #10 of 30
I am waiting for the Z1000 too.

Apr 29, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #13 of 30
DJamtrax, would appreciate a comparison between the zx700 and zx1000. I'm liking my Z1000, just unsure whether it was worth the significant amount more than the equally good ZX700.

Apr 29, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #14 of 30
I don't have the Z1000. I wish I did. Still waiting on it to hit the U.S. streets.

Apr 29, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #15 of 30
Fail. DJ, unboxing videos are great for people seeking tutorials on how to correctly open and unbox a product. However, this is Head-Fi.org--we're more concerned with qualitative differences of various headphones than with how to open a box. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back