Sony MDR-Z7M2 Headphone Thread
Nov 29, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #421 of 2,453
No. it was in another cardboard box. What you see attached is a thank u note (Arigato in japanese I believe) and a little paper duck, how cute is that?
Usually it's a little packet or two of tea.

Nov 29, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #422 of 2,453
Read the posts above..

I did and no store was given. I live in japan and have never seen the price that low and like I said Kakaku ( the most popular site in Japan for finding deals) has never shown it that low.

Now he has updated to say it was indeed 45,000 but he didnt have to pay consumption tax as he was just visiting which gave him a discount.

That is one of the reasons Japan is a great place to go shopping while you are visiting!

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #423 of 2,453
Definitely a great place to go shopping. Not only do you save on the consumption tax, Bic Camera also give an additional 7% off on electronics. In addition, one of the big department stores also gives an additional 5% off for tourists.

Although, there's much more to Japan than shopping. :)

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #424 of 2,453
Definitely a great place to go shopping. Not only do you save on the consumption tax, Bic Camera also give an additional 7% off on electronics. In addition, one of the big department stores also gives an additional 5% off for tourists.

Although, there's much more to Japan than shopping. :)
I bet it is amazing man. A good fried of mine was in the Navy for 4 years and he spent a lot of time in japan and he had nothing but amazing stories to tell. If I could go one place in the world it's definitely the place I'd go.

How much was the trip all in? If you don't mind..

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #426 of 2,453
Well how is everyone liking them so far? I f'ing love mine to pieces. I've literally had them on my head since they arrived. If I'm home, I'm listening. I know they're not an analytical headphone but I'm finding them quite good at retrieving previously unheard details. I've been paying special attention to the sounds vocalists make just before they start singing, IE: taking in a breath, the sound of their lips parting, even caught a few nose whistles from Chris Stapleton on his Traveler album as he was getting a breath before a verse. This headphone is a ton of fun IMO.

Nov 30, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #427 of 2,453
Well how is everyone liking them so far? I f'ing love mine to pieces. I've literally had them on my head since they arrived. If I'm home, I'm listening. I know they're not an analytical headphone but I'm finding them quite good at retrieving previously unheard details. I've been paying special attention to the sounds vocalists make just before they start singing, IE: taking in a breath, the sound of their lips parting, even caught a few nose whistles from Chris Stapleton on his Traveler album as he was getting a breath before a verse. This headphone is a ton of fun IMO.

Yeah, they have really excellent detail retrieval even if they're not too forward with it. Using the 3D+ mode on my iDSD Micro BL adds some treble energy and really works well with these. I haven't heard the Z1R but I think these are TOTL closed-back level, their presentation is just a little tame imo.

Dec 1, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #428 of 2,453

I love them more than any headphones I've ever owned. I wear them as often as possible. All the others are just hanging there.

Dec 1, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #429 of 2,453
I love them more than any headphones I've ever owned. I wear them as often as possible. All the others are just hanging there.
Do you think much better then Z7? For me, i own the Z7, and did like, but there Is something wrong in the sound for me, too basses? Mudded sound? Don't know.. Using Pha-3 with balanced mode, Ps4 Pro via optical

Dec 1, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #430 of 2,453
my first impressions with them I would say they're an improved mdr-1a. better bass control (tight), better separation, wider soundstage and very similar fun sound signature.

I need more time and brain/headphone burn in, usually takes me a month.

GUYS, ABOUT COMFORT,
these things press on my head, what's going on?
I was skeptical when I saw that they weren't memory foam pads, so far not so good!

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #431 of 2,453
I love them. I find them outstanding in every aspect of the frequency range.

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #433 of 2,453
Do you think much better than Z7? For me, i own the Z7, and did like, but there Is something wrong in the sound for me, too basses? Mudded sound? Don't know.. Using Pha-3 with balanced mode, Ps4 Pro via optical

The Z7 are very dark. I like them, but they have always been missing something. Now I grab the Z7M2 every day without thinking about it.

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #434 of 2,453
GUYS, ABOUT COMFORT,
these things press on my head, what's going on?
I was skeptical when I saw that they weren't memory foam pads, so far not so good!

My old Z7 are a bit less grippy than my new Z7M2, so maybe you just need to break yours in. I had not noticed this before though, because both are soooooo much more comfortable than any other headphones I own.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #435 of 2,453
I am close to buying a Sony MDR Z7M2 but on Amazon UK it is recorded as MDR-Z7M2.WW2. Can anyone tell me please what the".WW2" means?

According to one person on amazon's customer questions & answers...

Question:
What does WW2 signature mean?

Answer:
It designates issue for the European market, but its identical to the American version, so you can disregard it.

February 18, 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back