Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones
Jun 29, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #541 of 644
I just got these headphones online and it seems not to charge it light up red for 2 secs then goes blank. I tried to charge it overnight and still it won't turn on. Did i get sold a faulty sony-xb950bt?

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #542 of 644
  I just got these headphones online and it seems not to charge it light up red for 2 secs then goes blank. I tried to charge it overnight and still it won't turn on. Did i get sold a faulty sony-xb950bt?

Sounds like a defective unit. I haven't used mine in a while (for sale in the classifieds, natch 
biggrin.gif
) but the light would stay on when I'd charge them at my desk.

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #545 of 644
EqualizerAPO is a great PC EQ! It's easier to use with the Peace GUI for EqualizerAPO, but after you download everything, and follow all instructions, it's super intuitive and effective. If you're looking to get some high range back for say listening to rock music, you'll need some patience and a lot of tuning for the MDR-XB950BTs, but it'll definitely work out. Good luck!

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #546 of 644
  EqualizerAPO is a great PC EQ! It's easier to use with the Peace GUI for EqualizerAPO, but after you download everything, and follow all instructions, it's super intuitive and effective. If you're looking to get some high range back for say listening to rock music, you'll need some patience and a lot of tuning for the MDR-XB950BTs, but it'll definitely work out. Good luck!

Yep, stock is ok but these EQ very well.

Jul 12, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #548 of 644

What version of Windows do you have? I recall having to download a strange USB driver to charge these with Windows 8.1.

This perhaps?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/2900614

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #549 of 644
I saw a set of these on display in the store and they had no 'clamp' what-so-ever. Is this just a result of them being a beat-up floor model in a department store? Or do these really sit loosely on your head.

I am used to the clamp on my V-Moda M-100's. So maybe thats why it felt loose? I dont want them if they are this lose, please let me know.

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #552 of 644
  I got the XB950AP today, but I find the mid-bass very boomy. How is the XB950BT in comparison? With the bass boost turned off, that is.

Signature-wise, AP and BT are almost the same.

Anyone used these for gaming? How is the latency/lag?

I tried it on a rhythm game on my phone. The latency is quite noticeable to the point it's unusable; I pretty much have to ignore the sound and rely on my eyes.
It sound be fine on games that don't rely on low-latency audio cues like single-player games. It does fine for casual FPS gaming, but you're better off plugging it in most of the time.

Aug 26, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #553 of 644

Signature-wise, AP and BT are almost the same.

I tried it on a rhythm game on my phone. The latency is quite noticeable to the point it's unusable; I pretty much have to ignore the sound and rely on my eyes.
It sound be fine on games that don't rely on low-latency audio cues like single-player games. It does fine for casual FPS gaming, but you're better off plugging it in most of the time.

thanks for replying!
wow, I found that these headphones respond very well to electronically produced bass beats. however, once a bass guitar plays a pronounced bassline, it sounds really boomy and cavernous... I can't imagine what it would sound like with the bass boost on. these headphones are for very specific genres

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #555 of 644
  thanks for replying!
wow, I found that these headphones respond very well to electronically produced bass beats. however, once a bass guitar plays a pronounced bassline, it sounds really boomy and cavernous... I can't imagine what it would sound like with the bass boost on. these headphones are for very specific genres

Yeah, bass and acoustic guitars can sometimes sound too fat and unnatural. But on busier tracks it isn't that bad, especially when I'm on the train/bus where ambient noise can easily mask bass guitars. Still, XB950 isn't the best for something like "Mood for a Day" by Yes.

I think no one should ever press that「BASS BOOST」button...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back