Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones
Nov 29, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #106 of 644
I picked up a pair during the BF sale and they sound pretty decent. Very dark sounding. I noticed the sound gets very muddy when you turn up the volume even slightly using the headphone volume control feature. So I make sure the headphone volume isn't too high and the source volume is a bit higher than usual.

Nov 29, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #107 of 644
I would love details on how to dissemble the headphone to do this mod. I have some dynamat here at home and would love to see if I can improve the bass from stock. I am currently burning my pair in before I do an A/B shootout between them and the MDR10RBT. For the price I paid I think these would be a fun modder headphone and if I can get them to sound as good as the 10R or better I will be ecstatic as I love their build quality.

+1
For instructions on how to open these guys up. Is the dynamate th same stiff as I put in my car or is it thinner, if so anyone know where I can order some?

Nov 29, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #108 of 644
According to Amazon these have aptx which I have on all my phones and tablets as well as my bluetooth dongles so I can use any headphone I want that. Personally I notice a difference in the way my headphones sound(not these because I haven't ordered them yet). When I connect to a non-aptx device there is a big difference keeping everything else the same. My question is, how many of the people are using them with an aptX source to truly hear how they are supposed to sound. Maybe the people that liked them less didn't. It would be nice if previous reviewers can repost their review if they had an aptX source. Future reviewers should state if they are using an aptX source or not. Thanks.

I have Note 3 and Tab S both have Aptx. Both sound really good (crisp, clear and I do hear sounds I didn't realize were there before).

Supposedly my Galaxy s3 has aptx but how do I enable or use it? Is there an app or setting? How does one verify that their device has aptx?

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #110 of 644
I'm listening to the 950 now, do these require burn in? I know the mdr1r1 bt mk2 have to be turned on holding the volume button at the same time as the power to activate high quality sound, does the mdr x950 require any special procedure to get the best sound? And can someone explain the different light flashes meanings, I saw nothing in the instructions.

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #111 of 644
Yes, these are just like the mk2 in which you have to hold the power button for 2 seconds while holding the volume up to get the higher qualify sound = 3 blue lights after the red lights. Standard mode is 2 blue lights which they are set all the time till we change it every power on. Kinda sucks but hey its worth it. Power button for 2 seconds with volume button down is lower quality sound with more battery life.

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #112 of 644
Do these need burn in? If so how long? I'm have been running them since yesterday, bass is incrediable, even without bass boost its not really needed. Highs and a mids sound a little closed, mids are little cupped. I hope with burn in they will open up some. Battery last lasts for ever. Fit is very nice, soooo light, and they block out ambient sound easily. Bluetooth works way across my home, my other headsets did not.

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #115 of 644
So what kinda battery drain do you guys get when using these?    I want to use them to listen to a crap ton of podcasts but actually want battery left when I go outside. Also can I pair them with 3 different devices as long as bluetooth is disabled on 2 of them?   I'm thinking since they are bluetooth there is no reason I shouldn't use my nexus 7 instead of my phone at home for podcasts since it can sit on the dresser and not need to be in my pocket. 

Nov 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #118 of 644
Yeah I didn't time it but yeah they last a ridiculously long time. I had them running since yesterday out of the box, and they didn't die until around 5:00pm eastern time today! Charging probably takes awhile I assume.

Dec 1, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #119 of 644
Guys I wanted to add, these headphones get better with burn in, trust me. I wasn't to crazy about the sound out of the box, they are clearing up now, and I'm starting to hear more separation I wasn't getting before, everything was muddled, no clear treble or mids. Separation is better and I can hear individual sounds. Forget bass boost it's not needed it's overkill. I found out just tapping the power button it shows battery life, 3 blinks of red full charge , 2 blinks of red medium charge, 1 blink of red low battery but even when its low the battery keeps kicking for a good long time, very good battery life. I'm liking these more and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back