Sony MDR XB500 for rock music?
Jul 21, 2011 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lish14

New Head-Fier
I'm searching through pages and pages trying to find the best headphones for me. Im upgrading from Sony MDR V150's and am searching within a budget of £70. I mainly listen to rock music but also a bit of drum and bass and electronic. The most appealing thing for me about the XB500's are their comfort so I could listen to them for hours but I am worrying that the extra bass could overpower the music. Any Opinions on the XB500's? Any suggestions for other headphones? Thanks in advance for the help :) 

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 7
Too much bass

Go for Sony MDR-V6 because your music choices vary and you'd need a balanced can. V6 can play anything you throw at it while being more comfy and better build then the XB series. 

Jul 21, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Thanks BotByte, ive just looked at them and they seem to be getting a lot of positive reviews, they sound like a good suggestion.

I love mine. Just enough bass, mids and lows for anyone. Good soundstage with nice clarity and separation. Great comfort and build. It's a great "all around-er"

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 7
Apparently they have a lot of fakes going around and the only UK seller is a dealer on amazon marketplace and I'm not sure if I trust them :frowning2: Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back