Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT????
Dec 20, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #62 of 69
FINALLY, my XB1000 has arrived at the post office in the shop here..
I'll go pick them up now :) I think I'll make an unboxing video, like I did for my netgear dr6300:

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #63 of 69
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/380708_10152345479980504_459576834_n.jpg
This headset is soooooo super comfortable for my head! The super soft cushions just are so.... magnificent! yum!
Listening to them now, I at first think: I would have thought they had even more bass, but dont take this the wrong way.

I actually feel they have quite good balance and they sound good.
Running them off my ultrabook now and they have not been broken in yet.

Listening to this playlist on spotify
Armada Music Radio - Updated Daily (more playlists at www.armadamusicradio.com)

I really like the highs/treble and the midbass.. and I feel like sleeping because they are so comfortable..

Feb 25, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #64 of 69
Are these officially canceled now? Or will them make them in a new form of some sort? I just got my first set of m50's a few months ago to get into decent headphones and I like the idea of the extreme bass, but apparently they decided to cancel them about a year before I knew they existed...

Apr 10, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #65 of 69
This is the XB series line-up on Sony's official website. Notice that the earlier XB headphones, such as the XB500, have "生産完了" ("production ended") written in their entries. However, the XB1000 entry does not have such.

The answer to this question on Yahoo Q&A from May 2012 says that it hasn't been discontinued, only that the Sony Store is no longer selling it. A quick check for the XB1000 on the Sony Store says exactly that (the text in the red box). That answer also gives a link to the Kakaku entry for the XB-1000, where as of this post, there are stores still selling it.

With that information, the XB1000 is likely still being made. Sony no longer selling the XB1000 directly simply means it's more difficult for foreigners to get one. Head-Fi no longer displaying affiliate ads for the XB1000 is probably a good indicator of its scarcity in the United States. I don't know how much of a success they've been for Sony, but if they're not selling well, it could just be Sony not wanting such a large stock of them around. Though it could also be a sign that Sony is quietly ramping down production regardless of how well they're selling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back