Sony mdr xb-700 or Beats By Dre Pro
Aug 18, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #17 of 24
I'd honestly rather have the Pros. I'd get a pair if they were priced more sanely. It was as fun as the DT990 I tried when amped (amping helps a ton for some reason). There are a ton of technically superior headphones, but if you're comparing the Pros based on technical ability, you aren't really doing it right.

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #20 of 24
I wouldget the beats pros if it wasnt for the price. Then again the xb700 are really comfortable and that goes along way. It just depends on budget i guess. If he has the money buy the beats

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #21 of 24
I have the XB700. They are great. There is a lot of bass and the mids and highs are solid. I can't tell you nothing about the Beats but from what I read on the internet they are just for show. The Sony's have much beter sound quality. Don't let the  size of them change your mind, they are super comfortable.

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #22 of 24
Sony!!! Sony all the way! I own a pair of both the headphones you mentioned. As that other random guy said, The beats are really just for show and practically cut off the circulation to yer brain. The sonys definitely sound more delicious.

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #24 of 24
I actually was somewhat impressed by the pro's when I listened to them... until I realized they are possibly the most uncomfortable cans I have ever worn- after 30 minutes it started to hurt, and after an hour the pain was unbearable.

Don't get the pros. If you have the money get the Denon's as people have suggested.

I'd say I would mostly mirror this - except I couldn't even make it 30 minutes. The other gripe I have is the lack of a large/wide soundstage (which is a personal peeve; some people don't mind this). For the same $399 I'd probably give the nod to the Kenwood KH-K1000, even over the AH-D2000 (and the $449 I've seen recently is just a slap in the face).

The Pros are kind of a fun, loud, bassy, low distortion ride through whatever music you choose. They are not competitive with the Sennheiser HD 600 or Ultrasone PRO2900 (which are also around the same price), but I don't think that's their mission on this earth. Would I suggest them? Probably not. But that's my personal preference - not anything absolute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back