Sony MDR-XB 500 and the Denon AH-D2000....Which has better bass?
Aug 19, 2011 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sway212

New Head-Fier
I know this comparison is a little weird...it's like comparing a Toyota with a Mercedes,but I was just wondering which has more and better bass. The Sony are meant to be bass heavy,but I heard that the Denon are also quite a bit overpowering to many people....though they say it sounds great overall.

So if anyone has any experience with both the headphones,I would appreciate the feedback.
Thanks in advance!

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #4 of 5
I'd gladly hear an explanation of what is "bass quality". I think it's a bad thing to discuss, instead you should think like this, do you like a balanced deep / upper bass? do you like impact (sense of feeling the bass)? Are you looking for the best possible bass extension? Good quality bass doesn't have to mean exactly the same to every1. For me it would mean balanced deep & upper bass (ie both are about as strong). I think these two headphones have similar kind of bass, both extends very well, both have good balance between upper and deep bass but the XB500 is a lot stronger though and strong quantity of bass tends to lead to (but doesn't have to but in this case it's probably true to some extent) less textured bass and more risk for resonance (which again is either a bad or good thing depending on what you're looking for)

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 5
Sorry...my bad...I should have explained my question more properly. I'm pretty much new to the whole headphones scene. My bro recently got the XB500 and he's currently living abroad. I had already planned from beforehand that I would be buying the Denon's so I just wanted to know how they compare. But I guess your answer answers what I was looking for. The Denons can extend the bass with more clarity and detail than the XB500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back