Sony MDR-V6 vs. Sony MDR-XB500 40 mm -- Which one should I buy?
Oct 7, 2011 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

proxySYNC

New Head-Fier
Hi

First of all I want to apologize because there probably are threads that compare these two headphones; I just haven't found them.

I am looking to buy a new pair of headphones to replace my Sennheiser EH-150 headphones. It seems that no sound comes out of the left ear. I did some research and I came upon these two headphones. The XB500 I have already tried and I love it, though I admit the bass may get overwhelming for certain types of music. 

Types of music that I listen to: Practically all! I mainly listen to techno/trance, rock (alternative, heavy, etc), new age, and classical. 
I would mostly listen to electronic music in general. 

Other than listening to music, I will be using them for watching episodes of TV shows. So no movies and games. 

I am used to lots of bass from the sennheiser headphones but I have to admit that I didn't like the overwhelming that flushed out/undermined the mids and highs (especially highs). I prefer the highs to be smooth. I would EQ's to raise the treble for my sennheiser. 

I don't like headphones that produce flat sounds mainly as I am not looking to use it for studio/mixing. 

For now I am gearing towards the XB500's because the V6s are 
1. Known to be uncomfortable
2. Don't have much of a bass output/quality compared to the XB500's

Opinions and suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you! 

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #2 of 2
Would you be able to EQ the XB500, that would solve the too overhelming bass, they respond very nicely to EQing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back