Sony MDR-V6 discontinued?
Sep 30, 2001 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

purk

Headphoneus Supremus
Guys,
Help me here!! Has sony discontinued the v6? I need to know so I can grab a pair b/f it's gone. I don't want to miss my chance of getting one like...the sony mdr-e484. Thanks...do you know where can I buy it cheap?
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2001 at 7:54 AM Post #2 of 20
I highly doubt it's discontinued. It still going very strong, and has been for the past 16 years.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2001 at 1:06 PM Post #3 of 20
Well, sony TRIED to replace the V6 with the V600, but everyone got mad, so they put the V6 back in production, and it's been a gem in the rough of sony's line ever sense!

Sep 30, 2001 at 2:52 PM Post #5 of 20
I don't think so. Everytime I walk into my local Fry's Electronics, they have a whole wall full of V6s for $79.95 USD.

Sep 30, 2001 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

originally posted by raymondlin
And they don't sell it in the UK! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Don't talk about it, I've been tring to get a pair for the last 6 months!
frown.gif
! I ordered a pair from Fry's in the end, but the order fell through because of my bank (Barclays) wouldn't send them my details in time
very_evil_smiley.gif
. I have asked almost every hifi shop in Brighton and TCR in London
confused.gif
. But I'm not going to give up yet. I actually found somewhere that sells the 7506s but for £110 ($162.272) ???? And that was after haggling with them for half an hour. If you do find some please post it here or in the other place, PLEASE. You would go in my good books for ever
smily_headphones1.gif

Matt

Sep 30, 2001 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

originally posted by raymondlin

There is a website that sell them and they shipp world wide, it's call Dj-gear or something, I can't remember. and it's about $80 for the V6.

Yeah I looked at them too, but $80 for the cans ~$20 for international shipping, ~£??? for taxes and duty so in the end after the month wait for delivery if they don't get mangeled in the post the cost could be £100 or more
frown.gif
. I don't know of anyone else who has ordered from there to Europe so I have no real idea about the overall cost. It almost looks like £110 is not a bad price in the UK, though in the US they go for about £54
frown.gif

I'm going to call Sony UK and see what they can do.

Matt

Sep 30, 2001 at 9:39 PM Post #10 of 20
2 or 3 months ago...J&R was selling these cans for 59.99 dollars. I was a stupid crap back then and bought the v600 for 45 dollars at the sony outlet store instead. I sold the v600 after 1 months of trying to convince myself that the v600 is a highend headphone.... nope I was wrong and I auctioned it our to stranger in ebay.
Are there any other places that sell the v6 under 70 dollars. thanks.
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2001 at 1:24 AM Post #11 of 20
Why is it that these catalog order companies that sell a large variety of audio/video/lighting or music equipment charge an extremely high price for headphones? I looked in a Full Compass catalog, and the 7506s were 177 bucks USD. In a band/music catalog, they were around 160. Are the 7506 actually this expensive normally, and just cheaper online, or are these places just ripping people off? Especially when the V6s are half that price online.

Oct 1, 2001 at 1:28 AM Post #12 of 20
Fullcompass only displays list prices for some reason...

They are not really an online company...more of a pro-audio warehouse that has a webpage. And their prices on things are pretty good, but you have to call. Also their inventory is quite big so as typical you can stumble across steals, or ripoffs when it comes to pricing.

Oct 1, 2001 at 3:11 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by raymondlin
There is a website that sell them and they shipp world wide, it's call Dj-gear or something, I can't remember. and it's about $80 for the V6.

i think its djmart.com

Oct 3, 2001 at 4:32 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by CatwigMatt

Don't talk about it, I've been tring to get a pair for the last 6 months!
frown.gif
! I ordered a pair from Fry's in the end, but the order fell through because of my bank (Barclays) wouldn't send them my details in time
very_evil_smiley.gif
. I have asked almost every hifi shop in Brighton and TCR in London
confused.gif
. But I'm not going to give up yet. I actually found somewhere that sells the 7506s but for £110 ($162.272) ???? And that was after haggling with them for half an hour. If you do find some please post it here or in the other place, PLEASE. You would go in my good books for ever
smily_headphones1.gif

Matt

Check out www.millionbuy.com
Here they are $74.95

Oct 3, 2001 at 2:18 PM Post #15 of 20
Thanks ajm07 I went to Million Buy but they said this:
Quote:

Unfortunately we are unable ship internationally at this time, but we do hope to be able to do so in the near future.

Also I don't want to litterally have to double the price of the cans by buying the from the US.
frown.gif

If they are considered to be worth ~$162 then I can buy the 7506's from one place in the UK. I still remember the time on another board
smily_headphones1.gif
when the Allesandro Gradoes came out and people from Europe got them for the "cheap" price only to find they had to pay tax as well as the shipping so sigificantly increasing the cost. If anyone actually knows the amount that I would have to pay in Tax for these cans then it would be really helpful. ??? Also Sony UK have not been answering their phones
confused.gif
frown.gif
confused.gif

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back