Sony MDR-V6/7506 Beyer pad mod with pics! (lots)
Mar 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #32 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiComm4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone experience the bass becoming boomy and ill-defined after the mod?

Do you realize that you resurrected 2 year old thread?

Apr 27, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #33 of 55
Continuing the resurrection...

Has anyone tried Remote Audio HN-7506 Replacement Gel-Fill Earpads? I searched the forums but could not find anything. HTML Code:

Code:
[left]http://www.trewaudio.com/store/product.php?productid=257&cat=110&page=1[/left]

A source for MDR7506 & V6 replacement pads in Canada are Trew Audio. HTML Code:

Code:
[left]http://www.trewaudio.com/store/[/left]

Also I picked up Beyerdynamic DT250 Velour ear cushions from the Toronto store today, I want improved isolation over the stock 7506's. They're not listed on their website so just email them to find out if they're in stock, PN EDT250V. HTML Code:

Code:
[left]http://www.trewaudio.com/contact/[/left]

thanks, lpkay, newbie

Apr 29, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #34 of 55
Pics in the first post should be working again.

Apr 29, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #35 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by GotNoRice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pics in the first post should be working again.

GotNoRice, you are the best! Thanks for restoring your pics! Much appreciated!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #37 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by lpkay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GotNoRice, you are the best! Thanks for restoring your pics! Much appreciated!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Pics are down again! Please get them back up.

Mar 5, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #39 of 55
I will be following this guide when my beyer pads come in. Thanks!

Sep 13, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #41 of 55
I live in Mexico and I'm getting my 7506's when my sister comes visiting this October. I called her and made her order the beyer pads, so I'll be doing my mod also. Thanks so much for this post!!.
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #43 of 55
Yes, they do add some soundstage, not much, and the bass is improved (more extended). Mainly because the pads are thicker and the distance between your ears and the driver increases.

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #44 of 55
hi, I just brought a pair of 7506 from the store the OP linked. along with a pair of ear pad as well. it's not the ones the OP brought, it's this one: 
they had 2$ off if I buy them together...
my question is should I put on the aftermarket pads right now or wait for the OEM pad to wear out? and also, this maybe too late of a question, how is this pearstone pad compared to the beyer one the OP brought? (not really audiophile here)
thanks alot

Jan 18, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #45 of 55

Quote:
hi, I just brought a pair of 7506 from the store the OP linked. along with a pair of ear pad as well. it's not the ones the OP brought, it's this one: 
they had 2$ off if I buy them together...
my question is should I put on the aftermarket pads right now or wait for the OEM pad to wear out? and also, this maybe too late of a question, how is this pearstone pad compared to the beyer one the OP brought? (not really audiophile here)
thanks alot

I haven't heard the pearstone pads, but they appear to be just the same.  About using them immediately....the original come off fairly easy, so I guggest you grab a hold of 2 or 3 of your favorite albums, with good quality (192kbps or more) and listen to them with the original pads, get used to the sound signature, and when you have an idea of their sound, switch and play with the others. Sound is subjective, I preffer the velour pads, but ymmv. cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back