Sony MDR-R10 Owner's Club
Jul 29, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #181 of 1,173
@warp08

Congrats! like Ford said you deserve it good gamble!. Steal deal if only i had the money i really love to get one since im pretty sure after 5-7 years 4000 is very unlikely for this headphones. damn nice and great number 
wink_face.gif

Jul 29, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #182 of 1,173

Quote:
MDR-R10 are not antique ...just a good sounding headphone with a very good design, and from time to time in some cases it needs to be restored. There are many headphones that are much older and not so good SQ-wise (these should be treated like antiquities) ..I don't think 10 years would make antique any item... Maybe I'm getting old 
regular_smile%20.gif

But if you are referring to the fact that these are rarities (limited edition)..I think in some degree you are right!

Point taken, but someone correct me if I'm wrong, I thought Sony has started making them earlier than that.  My example is part of the first 100 run.  Even so, perhaps "antique" was poor choice of wording on my part, however, they are very rare now in this condition.  That was to be my original point, but somehow almost got lost in the translation.

Jul 29, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #183 of 1,173

Quote:
@warp08

Congrats! like Ford said you deserve it good gamble!. Steal deal if only i had the money i really love to get one since im pretty sure after 5-7 years 4000 is very unlikely for this headphones. damn nice and great number 
wink_face.gif

Thanks!  If someone told me 6 months ago that I would be spending this kind of money for a pair of headphones, I'd have called him/her certifiable.  But this forum is addictive and infectious.  I understand now that these are special so proper care will be taken of them.

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #185 of 1,173

Quote:
 The outside of the case has seen better days, unfortunately.

That's what the case is for, to take a beating so the headphones don't.
Congratulations they are very nice, real beauties
beerchug.gif

Jul 30, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #186 of 1,173
Grats on the phones! Have to say it was a risk I wouldn't have taken, but I guess I'm not the most exciting person around...

Aug 1, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #191 of 1,173
Thanks!

Update:  I just got the beaten up case professionally repaired and refinished.  It's not perfect but it is way better than it used to be.

Before:

After:

Aug 1, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #192 of 1,173
Not perfect is certainly the correct term. I hope you didn't pay them too much to do that. I realize a repairman doesn't always have much to work with, but the leather and especially the stitching isn't even straight. On the lower right corner it even appears to be damaged!

Stylistically the tiny Sony logo doesn't match if it is intended to look like an original logo patch.

All my opinion of course, but I wouldn't be happy with it depending on the price, and then only to act as a bandaid to keep the leather from ripping from the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back