Sony MDR-MV1
Feb 23, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #346 of 461
This is the one. I love these for metal very much :)
That's awesome! What bands or genres do you listen to, if you don't mind sharing? All I want is good details, good imaging, good layering and instrument separation. I like my bass like I like my treble, detailed yet not overdone. I mean to say balanced. I have HD 599 but the riffs sound muffled and cymbals and hi hats sound like hisses in the background. I also have K361 but it sounds a bit thin. Treble is fine on it but instruments lack weight or body. I hope MV1 would not sound thin and less detailed than these two.

Feb 23, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #347 of 461
That's awesome! What bands or genres do you listen to, if you don't mind sharing? All I want is good details, good imaging, good layering and instrument separation. I like my bass like I like my treble, detailed yet not overdone. I mean to say balanced. I have HD 599 but the riffs sound muffled and cymbals and hi hats sound like hisses in the background. I also have K361 but it sounds a bit thin. Treble is fine on it but instruments lack weight or body. I hope MV1 would not sound thin and less detailed than these two.
Tool, gojira, mastodon, fair to midland, johnny booth, soad, meshuggah and plenty of other good stuff. Enough of a mix that I know they work very well with it

Feb 23, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #348 of 461
Tool, gojira, mastodon, fair to midland, johnny booth, soad, meshuggah and plenty of other good stuff. Enough of a mix that I know they work very well with it
The 1AM2 is also very good on metal guitar riffs. On rock music you can't go wrong with Sony headphones. The problem is the quality of the music tracks that drive me crazy, always very different. I use Luftikus for effective and immediate equalization.

Feb 23, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #349 of 461
That's great! I think I'll go with the MV1. I don't have a DAC-AMP setup anyway to drive other headphones in this price range. Just a xDuoo Link 2 Bal. Thanks!

Feb 23, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #350 of 461
The 1AM2 is also very good on metal guitar riffs. On rock music you can't go wrong with Sony headphones. The problem is the quality of the music tracks that drive me crazy, always very different. I use Luftikus for effective and immediate equalization.
Had 1am2 too, Mv1 is another level entirely.. or well, the Open back version of the 1am2 sort of.

Feb 27, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #356 of 461
I am late in the game. Just bought the MV1. - seems interesting. Bought it based on comments like the most comfortable headphones. Needed to Tv shows and who knows, serious music listening. My daily driver is the NDH 30. Let see if I like the MV1 better, $349 on Amazon today. Can't resist. Press buy and suffer the later..

Feb 27, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #357 of 461
I am late in the game. Just bought the MV1. - seems interesting. Bought it based on comments like the most comfortable headphones. Needed to Tv shows and who knows, serious music listening. My daily driver is the NDH 30. Let see if I like the MV1 better, $349 on Amazon today. Can't resist. Press buy and suffer the later..

I really love this headphone and have been using it more than my much more expensive gears lately. Hope you'll enjoy it too! I pair it with the M15S which I believe you have as well!

Feb 27, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #358 of 461
I really love this headphone and have been using it more than my much more expensive gears lately. Hope you'll enjoy it too! I pair it with the M15S which I believe you have as well!
Nice statement... That is exactly what I am gonna do. Pair it with the M15s. I really look forward to test it out. Will report back. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back