Sony MDR-MV1
Feb 19, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #332 of 479
only the cups and the inner headband are aluminum. the yokes and cup frames and inner baffle are plastic.

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #333 of 479
I have had the MDR-MV1 for about a week now and I am still surprised I am enjoying them so much. They are just tuned nicely balanced and are comfortable as all I can be. I guess, because, I've been wearing them so long during the work-week that I do find the pads can get a little warm due to the material after a bit of use. I did try the Brainwavz Leather pads on these and they kind of ruined the mid-range a bit, and increased bass levels. It's more V-Shaped, although it does help with comfort even more!

Feb 21, 2024 at 6:28 AM Post #334 of 479
I have had the MDR-MV1 for about a week now and I am still surprised I am enjoying them so much. They are just tuned nicely balanced and are comfortable as all I can be. I guess, because, I've been wearing them so long during the work-week that I do find the pads can get a little warm due to the material after a bit of use. I did try the Brainwavz Leather pads on these and they kind of ruined the mid-range a bit, and increased bass levels. It's more V-Shaped, although it does help with comfort even more!
Link for the leather earpads? How are they for watching movies?

Feb 21, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #337 of 479
I thought there should be more owners by now. .
Not everyone who owns them know of these forums? I have two friends who bought them off my recommendation and they LOVE them, as much as I do. We are all gamers and the accuracy of footsteps thanks to a great soundstage is unparalleled. Sounds great for music and movies too.

I personally wouldnt change the pads. I dont know why they claimed they get warm.... Im handicapped and wear my headphones for easily 10 hours "on average" a day and they have never heated up my head. Not to mention I have medium length hair which should cause more warmth but doesnt. I personally believe the stock pads are perfect. I have big ears that touch the sony 1am2 inside cup cuz the pads are thin, the mv1s my ears dont touch inside. Super comfy for me. Im sure some people can have bigger heads or ears.... But generally they are amazing as it.

As far as measuring the ear cups.... I dont have a mm tape measure available to me. So cant help there.

Feb 21, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #338 of 479
Not everyone who owns them know of these forums? I have two friends who bought them off my recommendation and they LOVE them, as much as I do. We are all gamers and the accuracy of footsteps thanks to a great soundstage is unparalleled. Sounds great for music and movies too.

I personally wouldnt change the pads. I dont know why they claimed they get warm.... Im handicapped and wear my headphones for easily 10 hours "on average" a day and they have never heated up my head. Not to mention I have medium length hair which should cause more warmth but doesnt. I personally believe the stock pads are perfect. I have big ears that touch the sony 1am2 inside cup cuz the pads are thin, the mv1s my ears dont touch inside. Super comfy for me. Im sure some people can have bigger heads or ears.... But generally they are amazing as it.

As far as measuring the ear cups.... I dont have a mm tape measure available to me. So cant help there.
Have you made a comparison with the 1AM2?

Feb 21, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #339 of 479

I don't recommend changing the pads out either. At least not for the one I tested.

I was the one who commented on the pads being a "little bit warm" after hours of usage. For me, microsuede is very comfortable, but its not as breathable as the pads I use on other headphones, which have perforations and are velour, which is known to be more breathable. Its all relative. They are still great pads, but just looking to see if there's something even better out there, because... I can and I have the measuring gear to test it out too.

Feb 21, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #340 of 479
Brainwavz Sheepskin Leather oval pads (red) vs stock pads (blue) graph

The pads I bought seems to not be around anymore (i bought these in 2016), but its similar to the ones made for the ATH-M50 headphones from Brainwavz.

1708550947005.png

Feb 23, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #345 of 479
Personally? Sure. I prefer the MV1. Open back, better highs, cleaner bass. I prefer the MV1 over both the 1am2 and z7m2
Thank you, the MV1 will be among my next purchases.👋

Users who are viewing this thread

Back