Sony MDR-MV1
Apr 23, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #451 of 454
And how do they sound matched with the ZX707 in balanced? Thank you :wink:
My IER M9 is in continuous use with the ZX707 when I travel as I do now.

About time I check out the ZX707/ MV1 combo and will do so when I get home later this week. Thank you for reminding me..

Curious to this pairing myself now as well:)

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #452 of 454
Zero graphs show the sony MV1 as V shaped. To this day i am shocked at how many people dont know how to read said graphs. You want v shaped, sony extrabass headphones. That is v-shaped. The MV1 are nowhere near v-shaped. They are literally professional headphones meant for actual sound production. Its perfectly fine if natural bass is too much for you. And you prefer anemic "audiophile" headphones that have little to no bass. However that doesnt set the standard....
Calm down, geez. Apparently numerous pro headphone reviewers like Resolve don't know how to read a graph either since they all mention a bass and treble boost. That doesn't make them bad, and I certainly never implied it was extreme (I've had headphones with stronger bass than this). If you actually read more than a few words of my post you would see that I liked them overall, even if there are a couple issues with them (not the greatest mids and a sharp treble spike). These are meant for "virtual surround" production, and I think that's why they went with the response that they did. I'm not an audio snob in any way, and this is the only studio monitor headphone I've ever owned.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #454 of 454
Some years ago, before my foray into audiophilia, I was rocking the MDR-1A like there was no tomorrow.
Sitting here listening to the MDR-MV1, I am transported back to those days of velvet-y, fulfilling bass notes and piercing - but not too piercing - vocals. Admittedly, I bought this headphone primarily due to its design and comfort, but I think it’s a perfectly capable backup by virtue of its portability and driveability. They are incredibly lightweight and comfortable and feel durable enough.

The sound is mostly pleasant and spacious, not particularly revealing or anything, okay timbre and separation, but I do wish the bass was scaled back just a little bit in favor of some low end texture. It certainly reminds me more of the MDR-1As than the 7506s.

Anyone have any cable suggestions? The stock one is a bit too long and I wouldn’t mind a 3.5 cable without the pigtail adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back