Sony MDR CD3000 (horrible)
Jan 23, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #16 of 31
Yes, have the same issues with the Q010. The fit sucks. I have a loose sweatband I wear over them to 'enhance' the experience.... 

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #17 of 31
oqvist, so you don't like the JVC? I thought about them, once....

Jan 24, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #18 of 31
  oqvist, so you don't like the JVC? I thought about them, once....

What gave you that impression :D

My comment was about how they would hold up. The joint for the head cup swivel seem to be a weak point. Mine do make some noise but I really hope that won´t be an issue. Otherwise they are as new except from the smallest nic on one of the leather ear cups from some tape. But that´s okay because it´s not like I am going to sell them.

They are very different to CD 3K so it´s kind of impossible to compare. I love how they complement eachother.

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #20 of 31

There is no direct analog to the CD3000 that I know of. the CD3k has an extremely flat (neutral) signature

I'm trying to imagine what other headphones you have tried/owned that could possibly lead you to the conclusion that the CD3000 is anywhere close to neutral.

Because they are?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJh8B1QfEn0&list=PL662E90E1A514C70A&index=1

They're "flat" if you insist on being completely technical, but a flat plot before HRTF correction is neutral, and that's how they measure.

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #21 of 31
  What gave you that impression :D

My comment was about how they would hold up. The joint for the head cup swivel seem to be a weak point. Mine do make some noise but I really hope that won´t be an issue. Otherwise they are as new except from the smallest nic on one of the leather ear cups from some tape. But that´s okay because it´s not like I am going to sell them.

They are very different to CD 3K so it´s kind of impossible to compare. I love how they complement eachother.

I've given some rare thought to this quest and have decided to abandon the CD3000.  Time to restrain Sony's magical powers and look elsewhere for audio enlightenment. 

Mar 28, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #22 of 31

I've given some rare thought to this quest and have decided to abandon the CD3000.  Time to restrain Sony's magical powers and look elsewhere for audio enlightenment. 

That was a misstake. I hope you got to try the CD3K. My cable have finally developed a loose connection but will get that fixed. Headband is on it´s last dying breath though but but been so for years and it´s magically holding up. I have almost nothing left on the pads but my good does it sound good. 

But yeah with a higher quality headband and earpads it would be easier to find CD 3K in good shape nowadays.

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #23 of 31
Kinda sad that this is the first hit I get on a Google search for "MDR-CD3000". It's just a string that really doesn't match the word "horrible" in it. Not even close...

Sep 18, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #24 of 31
Isn´t it something the threadstarter added as of late? I don´t recall seeing it before.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #27 of 31
I wanna try the sa5000. It looks very comfortable and light. Cd 3000 looks interesting.

Yes it´s light and comfortable but don´t sound good.

Mar 26, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #29 of 31
Yes i have Sony MD XB950BT  which i think is Crap i am going to give them away to my kid for the Pounds i paid i expect better sound..you can't use Extra Boost with in ine

Dec 22, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #30 of 31
I wanna try the sa5000. It looks very comfortable and light. Cd 3000 looks interesting.
You should try the SA 5000 or SA 3000. They are built poorly- SA 3000, but the sound is so revealing that many ignorant people plug them into their poopfest audio chain and that way, yes, they sound not that good. But plug them into mid level at least studio card and you will hear the detail of your life. Also, if you power them good, they will sing way past their price point. In my opinion, HD-580 compliments them by bringing the low mids and 100hz into the game, but mid/upper mid/ high regions are 2 or 3 classes above the HD 600 series.
Just ridiculous how people dont hear these for what they really are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back