Sony MDR-1RBT mods, equalization, impressions and so on.
Nov 5, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #63 of 67
So my left speaker started producing "scratching noise" (like it was damaged from too much bass) a couple of years ago but I've just turned the volume a bit down and it was "OK-ish" for my use.
Since than I've managed to bump my headphones and break a part of the headband. It can be fixed with some DIY sorcery but I've decided if I'm going to fix them up, I'm also going to replace the speakers.

Today I've took them apart to see which speakers are in it and ofcourse I couldn't find any info on them on the internet.

Here are the pictures of both speakers if anyone can help out :)

As you can see, there is only a difference in one number on them, 962 being the left speaker and 972 the right one.

I also took off the "sticker" with the numbers on it too see if there are other numbers on the magnet itself (that could help locate the right speaker to buy) but there is nothing under it.

So..can anyone help a brother out? :)

Tnx!

Apr 3, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #64 of 67
Did you know you can replace broken Sony MDR-1RBT hangers with A4Tech Bloody M550? They loosely fit but work. Do not try to swap earpads though, M550 earpads are absolute abomination. You don't need to swap headbands, only hangers along with the rails (rails fit well).

See full album here: https://imgur.com/a/MjXnQD4

Does anyone know for sure where to buy original hangers though?

IMG_20190403_104215.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #66 of 67
Thanks! Same troubles. But "Does anyone know for sure where to buy original hangers though?" ??
What are you asking? I was asking where to buy original 1RBT hangers. Hangers from Bloody M550 are NOT the same, they barely fit and all angles are off.

Jun 19, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #67 of 67
hi everyone,
today when i was disassembling my headphones to change the headband cover , I realized that I accidentally broke the power button on the mainboard. Below you can see marked inside yellow , that plastic part which is hanging outside the board seems like broken. Do you have any ideas how to fix it ?
Broken part seems to be lost and now headphone is working only in wired more , because of power button does not work I can not start Bluetooth mode. Any ideas to fix it would be much appreciated :)

Attachments

• 1rbt.png
    1rbt.png
    988.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back