Sony MDR-1RBT mods, equalization, impressions and so on.
Aug 10, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #20 of 67
Quote:

In that case, I'm not sure Dynamat will make any difference in the location you put it.  

Yeah, that's what I figured. I decided to pull the metal sheets off though, as a result the reception is way better again. Nonetheless, since it doesn't make any difference to the sound I leave the bitumen right at its place cause it is quite hard to detach from the plastic. All in all I decided to not go any further in disassembling the phones, nonetheless it was worth a shot, too bad it didn't work out.

Is there any way someone posts a pic or two of the interior of their 1Rs, just for comparison-reasons? I am just eager to know what they look like from the inside. Cheers.

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #21 of 67
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but couldn't find a better one.

Has anyone replaced the pads on the 1RBT's?

I love my set, but am suffering the dreaded sweaty ear, and wonder whether i can just change the pads.

Whilst i'm asking questions, don't suppose anyone has added wireless charging? :)

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #22 of 67
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but couldn't find a better one.

Has anyone replaced the pads on the 1RBT's?

I love my set, but am suffering the dreaded sweaty ear, and wonder whether i can just change the pads.

Whilst i'm asking questions, don't suppose anyone has added wireless charging? :)

No offense, but did you read the thread at all? Like half of it is about how to replace the pads, even the first thread shows replaced pads...

Cheers.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #24 of 67
It does turn out i need reading lessons :)

Found the mentioned pads, and ordered.

No worries man. That happens on every thread. All topics are constantly repeating. Now that you mention it I'm thinking these pads are kind of tight. I might try swiping with others I have at home during the evening, although all being said they've been working flawlessly to me. :)

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #25 of 67

It does turn out i need reading lessons :)

Found the mentioned pads, and ordered.

No worries man. That happens on every thread. All topics are constantly repeating. Now that you mention it I'm thinking these pads are kind of tight. I might try swiping with others I have at home during the evening, although all being said they've been working flawlessly to me.
smily_headphones1.gif

@ TurnipLicker As stated...didn't want to sound too offensive. I was just a little surprised since basically half of the thread is about pads and their replacement...sorry, if that was kind of rude.

Sep 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #28 of 67
Ummm... I didn't hear them but I bet the dt770 is better sounding. It needs amplification though. What are you looking for? It's gonna be your first pair of headphones?

The MDR-1RBT is a pretty bassy can. It has a flaw around 300Hz. It's not a specially detailed headphone. I like it for on the go listening. It's more or less the best you can get for wireless Bluetooth listening.

Sep 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #29 of 67
Ummm... I didn't hear them but I bet the dt770 is better sounding. It needs amplification though. What are you looking for? It's gonna be your first pair of headphones?

The MDR-1RBT is a pretty bassy can. It has a flaw around 300Hz. It's not a specially detailed headphone. I like it for on the go listening. It's more or less the best you can get for wireless Bluetooth listening.

Hi,thanks for the fast respond, you see I own a pair of BD 770 & I think they sound great, but the way I listen to music has changed a bit after I got the Sony Xperia Z. (not so much cd's anymore).One of the things I really like about them is that they are bluetooth and NFC enabled, (no cable:) )(goes great with the Xperia Z.) and a lot of the music I listen to needs a little extra bass(Tiesto, Van Bureen etc), so if they are bassy thats ok with me. btw would they need amping when used with a cd player?

Sep 11, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #30 of 67
To be honest, if you are sold over bluetooth I think these are the best you can get (Parrot is suppose to sound better but wired are apparently horrible and are more expensive). The battery lasts for ever, I charge them once a week and I've never run out of battery. I think wired they sound slightly better, but is not night and day, same sound signature for both. I didn't try amping though, I think I'll try to pair them with the O2 tonight.

They are definitely not the best sounding can out there, but it's awesome how fast they pair (I don't usually use NFC but bluetooth pairing is super fast) and not having cables around. They sound great with electronic, but I use to EQ them reducing the bass like 3db. The bass is not specially tight but is punchy and very present. They are the MOST comfortable headphones at this price point I would say to the point that I'd rather wear them than not if the room is cold.

Footnote: Don't pay the 400$, I would say they are very well worth it below 350$ if you can get them at that price. And... I LOVE THE VELOUR MOD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back