Sony MDR-1RBT mods, equalization, impressions and so on.
Sep 12, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #32 of 67
Did the velour mod tonight. What a pain.

Result is awesome though, soo much nicer to wear, although I've yet to try them at the gym, to see if they improve the ear sweat issue.

Only problem is now I've got to go searching for a thread with a similar mod for my Beats Pro's :)

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #33 of 67
I recently got the MDR-1RBTs, and there's an audible hiss or whine on the right side. It comes and goes and might be related to the BT transmission (different sqeak e.g. when pairing than when idle). Do you guys have the same problem, or did I just get unlucky? Any fix or hack that I could try? Thanks!

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #35 of 67
Maybe I got unlucky, then.. I've tried the headphones with both my phone (Galaxy S4) and laptop (MacBook), in both cases there's an audible whine on the right side. It doesn't seem to depend on the paired device...  

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #37 of 67
a quick question for all the mdr-1rbt owners ,The headphones boasts about an amplifier and sound engine but do they work when the cable is plugged cause according to a review by cable he says they dont here's the link http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-mdr1rbt-premium-bluetooth-over-the-head-headphone-black and how much is the sound quality difference between Bluetooth mode and wired and one last question are these cans the best in 340 dollars range cause i listen to wide array of music genre like edm electro techno pop rock punk rock classic etc ?

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #38 of 67
1. When the cable is plugged ask the electronics on the headphone don't work. Therefore no controls. It just works as a regular headphone set.
2. The sound in wired mode is very similar to wireless mod. Sane sound signature with emphasized bass. Perhaps very slightly more detailed in wired (definitely not night and day).
3. No and yes. Probably the best sounding Bluetooth headphones in that price range, but definitely not the best sounding headphone in wired mode compared to other headphones in their price range. If you like Bluetooth, go for them; if you want the best sound and is a priority over Bluetooth, choose other headphones.

I think they are very well worth it as a very portable solution but not as your only listening solution.

Hope this helps.

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #39 of 67
1. When the cable is plugged ask the electronics on the headphone don't work. Therefore no controls. It just works as a regular headphone set.
2. The sound in wired mode is very similar to wireless mod. Sane sound signature with emphasized bass. Perhaps very slightly more detailed in wired (definitely not night and day).
3. No and yes. Probably the best sounding Bluetooth headphones in that price range, but definitely not the best sounding headphone in wired mode compared to other headphones in their price range. If you like Bluetooth, go for them; if you want the best sound and is a priority over Bluetooth, choose other headphones.

I think they are very well worth it as a very portable solution but not as your only listening solution.

Hope this helps.

Tnx for the reply cause i want a pair of neutral and multi genre friendly and a nice wide soundstage cans currently stuck between mdr-1rbt mk2 (aptx support) nad hp50 momentum and p7 so which one serves my needs the best ???

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #40 of 67
I didn't listen to them, but after reading innerfidelity review I would definitely go with the hp50. Momentum are warm are uncomfortable for some. I didn't hear p7 but hp50 looks like a better option. You might want to consider mdr-1r as well. Mdr-1rbt don't sound like the regular version. Again, I like them but they are bassy (i usually eq them) and I wouldn't get them if it would gonna be my only pair.

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #42 of 67
ok guys I hope you will not ridicule me, but I have the sms audio sync by 50 cent bluetooth which has aptx, and I am if you can see from my posts a very difficult person to please. BUT honest to god the sms sound amazing I don't what they do with the sound signature but its simply amazing. I listen to it everywhere and it isolates sound so I can't literally hear anything around me. 

Warm sound, nice bass, nice mids and treble are all just right giving a relaxed nice atmosphere of listening , I also did burn them in for 50 hours and the sound changed from great to amazing.

This is the only headphone I liked, and I listened to sennheisers HD800,700,650,600, momentum and also I had the ****y ****y Sennheiser mm 450x, Which is the worst ever bluetooth headphone in the world

I honestly can't identify one flaw in the sms audio sync, I was tempted to buy the mdr 1rbt but went for the sms

for me if the mids or treble are fatiguing then that headphone will go to the garbage, I don't like to use an eq as that will make spend countless hours trying to fix the sound instead of enjoying listening to music

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #43 of 67
I'll try to listen to them and let you know. I cannot ridicule you with something I have never heard. 
etysmile.gif

Just kidding, any comment is always appreciated. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Feb 12, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #44 of 67
  I'll try to listen to them and let you know. I cannot ridicule you with something I have never heard. 
etysmile.gif

Just kidding, any comment is always appreciated. Thank you for sharing your experience.

but it needs burn in, as in the beginning i found the sound a little congested so i burned it and it made a big change

Users who are viewing this thread

Back