Sony MDR-1R series MK2
Oct 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #31 of 546
I thought I read that the sound was changed as well, are you quoting Sony information, have heard the new model and done an A/B test, or are giving your expectation?

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #34 of 546
I can't find any ref to changes to this model, looks identical to me which is a little lazy Sony.
Hope it sounds a little more controlled than the we 1r , it's a great portable but with some tracks it loses focus and can sound a little boxy to me.

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #43 of 546
Subbed, definitely interested about the MDR-1RMK2, hope the difference is more than just an extra cable. If so, I`d definitely consider buying these as I`m looking to buy some cans soon. 

If anyone finds out anything about the 1rMk2, don`t be shy to post here or PM me. 

Nov 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #45 of 546
  So if the sound is the same and only the cable is the addition, the AU$60 over the MDR-1R price do not seem a good deal. I might wait to ensure nothing else has changed before get the "MK1".

I wouldn't be surprised if all they decided to do was to fix the wobbly cable issue. We have a solution for that here (bluetak) provided by another forum member (Ra97oR I think) which works. Although it would be nice to not have that issue in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back