1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony MDR-1R series MK2

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. dweaver
    I thought I read that the sound was changed as well, are you quoting Sony information, have heard the new model and done an A/B test, or are giving your expectation?

2. 214324
    Any news on the release in the US, or is this Japan only?

3. 214324
    Double post somehow...

4. astroid
    I can't find any ref to changes to this model, looks identical to me which is a little lazy Sony.
    Hope it sounds a little more controlled than the we 1r , it's a great portable but with some tracks it loses focus and can sound a little boxy to me.

5. Trunks159
    Hah, they could've at least made it blue!

6. roma101
    Or black on black :p

7. Speakerphile
    Really curious what Sony is trying to do here.  

8. jinque
    The Mk2 BT version is still lacking Aptx... but the 10BT version has it.

http://www.sony-asia.com/product/mdr-1rbtmk2

9. jinque
    The Mk2 BT version is still lacking Aptx... but the 10BT version has it.

http://www.sony-asia.com/product/mdr-1rbtmk2

10. ArchDragoon
  11. Fush
    No reviews of the MK2 yet?

12. AlejoVillegas
    So if the sound is the same and only the cable is the addition, the AU$60 over the MDR-1R price do not seem a good deal. I might wait to ensure nothing else has changed before get the "MK1".

13. DubRapAndTrap
    Subbed, definitely interested about the MDR-1RMK2, hope the difference is more than just an extra cable. If so, I`d definitely consider buying these as I`m looking to buy some cans soon. 

If anyone finds out anything about the 1rMk2, don`t be shy to post here or PM me. 

14. slim shady
  15. 214324
    I wouldn't be surprised if all they decided to do was to fix the wobbly cable issue. We have a solution for that here (bluetak) provided by another forum member (Ra97oR I think) which works. Although it would be nice to not have that issue in the first place.

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last