Sony MDR-1R series MK2
Oct 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #16 of 546
Awesome comparison, very good information and details. I was wondering about the 10R being better than the 1R. The pictures suggested a lower end model to me (fixed cables vs removable cables for starters). I wasn't thinking to buy the 10R and your observations just confirm my initial hunch.

For people who do not own the 1R and may not be able to afford it, do you think the 10R is similar enough to meet their desires?

I feel like they were trying to emulate the 1r as much as possible, which I think they did a decent job at.  The street prices of both could sway my opinion one way or another as far as saying whether or not it would worth buying in lieu of the 1r.  At MSRP, $200 vs. $300, I think the 1r is worth the premium.  BTW, the 10r I have has a detachable cable.  

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #23 of 546
Oh, just discovered this!  I think the bass is one the only problems with the 1r, and if the structural design isn't flawed... I guess I'll have to empty my wallet again!

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #25 of 546
Looks like same headphone as the orginal mdr-1r.  I wander what the difference is if any?  Different driver?  Different tuning?  Anyone have any ideas.  I was hoping there would have been more structural changes, oh well.

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #26 of 546
Well it's "MK 2", so there can only be improvements.   Probably not a different sound signature (it'll be a little different of course), just performance improvements like tighter bass, better bass extension, better high extension, and things of that nature. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back