SONY IER-Z1R
Jun 1, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #13,771 of 15,280
Thanks mate - except I don't have a 1ZM2, so I hang out in the OG 1Z thread. Oh I hope I didn't come across as defensive or dismissive, and if I did, my apologies. I totally get the 'newer is better' feeling, it just doesn't really apply to some audio gear for me, which I guess is the sign that the industry is maturing.
We're all Sony fanboys here so preach brother!

Jun 1, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #13,772 of 15,280
Thanks mate - except I don't have a 1ZM2, so I hang out in the OG 1Z thread. Oh I hope I didn't come across as defensive or dismissive, and if I did, my apologies. I totally get the 'newer is better' feeling, it just doesn't really apply to some audio gear for me, which I guess is the sign that the industry is maturing.
Same to me. Except that the M2 Walkman are better than M1 :p

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #13,773 of 15,280
i just wanted to reflect the way others might think why something, after 5 years, "must sound better".

but i agree with you.

AND i have to say... gLer we miss you on the wm1zm2 forum man :)
I would call both Z1R Jd Z5 classic sony IEMs rather thAn "too old"

Jun 2, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #13,775 of 15,280
Chill guys...I was not even saying z1r bad, just old from a tuning perspective. And if you prefer old style of tuning that's totally fine cause I also do. Just take a look at my headphone list, I still own the "ancient" hd800s and I basically daily drive it.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 3:17 AM Post #13,776 of 15,280
Chill guys...I was not even saying z1r bad, just old from a tuning perspective. And if you prefer old style of tuning that's totally fine cause I also do. Just take a look at my headphone list, I still own the "ancient" hd800s and I basically daily drive it.
Everyones chilled :xf_eek:

And the Z1R is old from Tuning perspective? You mean because ChiFi nowaydays starts to sound weird, off and wrong? Should Sony also start to sound broken?

Oh god please not. If i can no longer listen to my music without pain, i'll just stop this hoppy. I am so happy that there are companies like Sony, Final, FitEar, Vision Ears and others who not take the joy out of the hobby by making everything sound painfull and just weird.

As an musician, it breaks my heart to see that a lot of makers go the route "Make it sound bad, everything counts as long its sounds unique and as far as absolutely possible from consumer gear"

But i think this will never happen with Sony or the other ones i mentioned. A lot of musicians use their gear (while basically no musician ever uses ChiFi) for personal enjoyment and for professional work. So they are forced to make things sound good as most of these companies give their equipment to musicians and even let them make tuning decision (like with the IER-M9).

If all consumer makers start to go apesh*t, there are at least still professional monitors like the TG335 or IER-M9 which will never start to sound weird. So as long musicians exist, good sounding earphones exist so i think i can savely continue the hobby^^

Pierre Nakano will make sure that Sony produces good earphones^^ And as an fallback, he develops his own Earphones (called Pierrephone).

tl;dr: I don't care what the current audiophile tuning trend is and i don't consider Earphone not following this trend outdated or old. We have a very young generationg joining that hobby in the last years. Some who often (not kidding) don't even listen at music and just need/want something to set themself apart from the grey mass and/or are interested in technology and everything that sounds cool and edgy when showing it on Instagram or TikTok.

Im not one of them.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #13,777 of 15,280
Jun 2, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #13,778 of 15,280
Everyones chilled :xf_eek:

And the Z1R is old from Tuning perspective? You mean because ChiFi nowaydays starts to sound weird, off and wrong? Should Sony also start to sound broken?

Oh god please not. If i can no longer listen to my music without pain, i'll just stop this hoppy. I am so happy that there are companies like Sony, Final, FitEar, Vision Ears and others who not take the joy out of the hobby by making everything sound painfull and just weird.

As an musician, it breaks my heart to see that a lot of makers go the route "Make it sound bad, everything counts as long its sounds unique and as far as absolutely possible from consumer gear"

But i think this will never happen with Sony or the other ones i mentioned. A lot of musicians use their gear (while basically no musician ever uses ChiFi) for personal enjoyment and for professional work. So they are forced to make things sound good as most of these companies give their equipment to musicians and even let them make tuning decision (like with the IER-M9).

If all consumer makers start to go apesh*t, there are at least still professional monitors like the TG335 or IER-M9 which will never start to sound weird. So as long musicians exist, good sounding earphones exist so i think i can savely continue the hobby^^

Pierre Nakano will make sure that Sony produces good earphones^^ And as an fallback, he develops his own Earphones (called Pierrephone).

tl;dr: I don't care what the current audiophile tuning trend is and i don't consider Earphone not following this trend outdated or old. We have a very young generationg joining that hobby in the last years. Some who often (not kidding) don't even listen at music and just need/want something to set themself apart from the grey mass and/or are interested in technology and everything that sounds cool and edgy when showing it on Instagram or TikTok.

Im not one of them.
Ok just realised you are that toxic guy who wrote the review of rs10 which is absolutely ridiculus. Shouldn't start this conversation at first.
For anyone who dont know about this crazy dude, check his review here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/softears-rs10.25080/reviews#review-28588
Lunatic Sony cult member....

Jun 2, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #13,779 of 15,280
It's really sad for Sony to have customers like you who do nothing but ruin the reputation of these great manufacturers and their products and think they are righteous.

Jun 2, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #13,781 of 15,280
First of all, the review of the RS10 isn't that bad. It compares the RS10 to several other Earphones and it is a honest review as i owned this thing for roughly 2 weeks. Its bad, i owned it, i know it first hand, it is not good. And it is insanely expensive. And it costs less than 300$ in production but sells for 2000+ and so on.

Again, it is a bad product and a cheap way from Moondrop to cash in on rich people. They know it, we all know it, why should i defend them? Is it not allowed to talk bad about bad products that rip off people?

In a way, every audiophile product is a rip off, but most of them deliver for their money while some are garbage but still expensive. There is nothing wrong with calling them out.

I posted my honest opinion in that review and hardened it with facts and measurements. Just because you don't like the result doesn't make it bad.

How am i an lunatic sony cult member if most of my gear isn't even from Sony. I even own the CHIKYU SEKAI 5/COSMOS which was made from the exact same people as the RS10.

I know at least 8 people who bought the IER-M9 specificially due to me (privately and on head-fi) and several people who bought other gear like XBA-N3, ZX500, WM1A and so on due to me and all of them are highly satisfied. But i also caused people to buy several E3000, Moondrop CHU and KATO, FiiO FH3 and FiiO FA9 and so on. I recently posted a positive comment about the FiiO FT3. And while i complained that its a lot of marketing mumbo jumbo, it is worth its money and recommended. Its just not worth more than its cost (which is what FiiO implies), but it does deliver for what it costs.

I test a lot of gear and most of that is not Sony like recently the Audeze LCD-X (which i recommended), Sennheiser HD820 (second time), Moondrop VENUS and Moondrop S8 and even recommended the Moondrop S8 to one person personally.

So the last thing i am is an lunatic Sony cult member. On the other hand, why are you in this thread? You don't own an IER-Z1R and you seem to not intend to own one. What exactly brings you hear? Telling people to not buy the IER-Z1R because in your personal opinion there are better things?

Where i come from, that is called trolling.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #13,783 of 15,280
:popcorn:

Jun 2, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #13,784 of 15,280
Oh... im sorry to disappoint you but i had no intention to reply further. As he already stated, he will not write again, so there is no point.

But i am used to critic anyway, so im totally calm about it^^

When i write a review about a cheap earphone being better than an expensive one, i am called poor and i just can't afford the expensive one. If i write a review about an expensive earphone being good i am called rich and i just like it because its expensive.

I prefer the HD820 over the HD800S because it doesn't make my eardrums hurt when listening to ReoNa, i can't count how many people explained me that i am listening to the "Wrong" Music and not get audiophile earphones in the first place because i am not listening to classical music or classic rock or whatever audiphiles are supposed to listen to.

According to people, i am an Sony, Final, Acoustune, FitEar, Vision Ear, Sennheiser, Moondrop, FiiO fanboy. As soon you start to test several products, there are people who hate you.

Especially when you like one product, but not another from a specific brand.

I like the Final D8000, but not the D8000 Pro and i think the new D8000 Pro LE is a cash grab and a rip off. Even though i like Final and do own several Final products, i am well aware that the D8000 is overpriced (but good!) and the D8000 Pro LE is a rip off for rich people. For some people, thats impossible. You either like Final or you hate them. And when you say something bad about one product, you are shaming the whole brand.

So yes, such comments are nothing new to me. If it wouldn't be read by other people, i wouldn't even reply but i am still amused. Some people think i am angered when i reply here, don't know why. This is just a web forum about Headphones. There are more important things in my life^^

Closing Note: I think the XBA-300 is garbage. I tested it 2 times and it sounds just bad to me. No idea what sony thought when they developed it. I also think the MDR-Z7M2 is a strange headphone that doesn't improve on the Z7 as it should, nor does it fit between the 1AM2 and the Z1R as it follows a different sound signature all together.

So apprently i hate and love every brand.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #13,785 of 15,280
Oh... im sorry to disappoint you but i had no intention to reply further. As he already stated, he will not write again, so there is no point.

But i am used to critic anyway, so im totally calm about it^^

When i write a review about a cheap earphone being better than an expensive one, i am called poor and i just can't afford the expensive one. If i write a review about an expensive earphone being good i am called rich and i just like it because its expensive.

I prefer the HD820 over the HD800S because it doesn't make my eardrums hurt when listening to ReoNa, i can't count how many people explained me that i am listening to the "Wrong" Music and not get audiophile earphones in the first place because i am not listening to classical music or classic rock or whatever audiphiles are supposed to listen to.

According to people, i am an Sony, Final, Acoustune, FitEar, Vision Ear, Sennheiser, Moondrop, FiiO fanboy. As soon you start to test several products, there are people who hate you.

Especially when you like one product, but not another from a specific brand.

I like the Final D8000, but not the D8000 Pro and i think the new D8000 Pro LE is a cash grab and a rip off. Even though i like Final and do own several Final products, i am well aware that the D8000 is overpriced (but good!) and the D8000 Pro LE is a rip off for rich people. For some people, thats impossible. You either like Final or you hate them. And when you say something bad about one product, you are shaming the whole brand.

So yes, such comments are nothing new to me. If it wouldn't be read by other people, i wouldn't even reply but i am still amused. Some people think i am angered when i reply here, don't know why. This is just a web forum about Headphones. There are more important things in my life^^

Closing Note: I think the XBA-300 is garbage. I tested it 2 times and it sounds just bad to me. No idea what sony thought when they developed it. I also think the MDR-Z7M2 is a strange headphone that doesn't improve on the Z7 as it should, nor does it fit between the 1AM2 and the Z1R as it follows a different sound signature all together.

So apprently i hate and love every brand.
or you could just change the way you respond to everything as defensive/offensive, righteous, "I am always right" thesis length opinions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back