SONY IER-Z1R
Apr 16, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #13,621 of 15,276
After a lot of tip rolling I finally got a good fit and comfort. I can wear them for about 3 hours before needing a break.
and what did you end up with?

Apr 16, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #13,622 of 15,276
That would have made sense to include lol… I’m using the Comply TrueGrip pro for sennheiser true wireless foam tips.
9F2FD232-7448-4490-A1B1-8D86C52445EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #13,626 of 15,276
Believe it or not! I’m enjoying z1r more than these totl iem xe6, fatfreg
Maestro se, bird, jewel, ragnar. I let all of them gone, z1r must stay.
I heard all of them except the FatFreq Maestro SE and I think only XE6 matches and exceeds Z1R in my personal impression, but even in that case, when I returned to Z1R I was surprised that Z1R was so close at much lower price. Yes, to me Z1R is a never sell.

Apr 17, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #13,627 of 15,276
I heard all of them except the FatFreq Maestro SE and I think only XE6 matches and exceeds Z1R in my personal impression, but even in that case, when I returned to Z1R I was surprised that Z1R was so close at much lower price. Yes, to me Z1R is a never sell.
Not because th z1r cheaper, I felt the z1r stage is wider and more open than xe6, I couldn’t stand the xe6 midbass. For me the z1r reproduce the bass more natural and analog than xe6.

Apr 17, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #13,628 of 15,276
Not because th z1r cheaper, I felt the z1r stage is wider and more open than xe6, I couldn’t stand the xe6 midbass. For me the z1r reproduce the bass more natural and analog than xe6.
You are right, but XE6's Mids is better and the bond conductor bass has its own magic, but can be YMMV.

Apr 17, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #13,630 of 15,276
I gave never tried comply tips on Z1R as on my experience thwy wouns bad, comply muffle the mids and trwble and accentuate the bass. Ah an they dont last long before crumbling apart

Apr 17, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #13,631 of 15,276
I gave never tried comply tips on Z1R as on my experience thwy wouns bad, comply muffle the mids and trwble and accentuate the bass. Ah an they dont last long before crumbling apart
Fair. I went through at least seven other tips (in addition to the OEM) and found these to be the best for me in terms of fit, seal and sound quality. I’ve been using them for 5 months with no sign of crumbling (yet).

Apr 22, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #13,633 of 15,276
Hey all, my ier z1r cable finally broke(luckily didn't damage the z1r shell at all) I seen some people using the fiio lc-3.5D Litz and I bought a pair for a good price, I also like the looks and shape of it, if they sound good enough and they should I don't play to swap any time soon.

So my question is the connectors are a bit thinner than the stock z1r ones, I see people using thinner ones in this thread a lot dunu blanche etc but would that pose any risk to the mmcx now that it has wiggle room to move back and forth inside the z1r shells deep mmcx connection tube because it's not snug in there like the stock cable?

Would wrapping the tips of the fiio plastic cable connector with maybe some sort of tape so it can't move back and forth inside the z1r shells hole be a smarter idea and save the connector from breaking if normal use makes them move back and forth?

Apr 22, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #13,634 of 15,276
I have kimber cable MUC-M12SB1 in mint condition. It's specifically made for Sony IEMs and fits perfectly with the sony mmcx size. Please let me know if u need it.
Hey all, my ier z1r cable finally broke(luckily didn't damage the z1r shell at all) I seen some people using the fiio lc-3.5D Litz and I bought a pair for a good price, I also like the looks and shape of it, if they sound good enough and they should I don't play to swap any time soon.

So my question is the connectors are a bit thinner than the stock z1r ones, I see people using thinner ones in this thread a lot dunu blanche etc but would that pose any risk to the mmcx now that it has wiggle room to move back and forth inside the z1r shells deep mmcx connection tube because it's not snug in there like the stock cable?

Would wrapping the tips of the fiio plastic cable connector with maybe some sort of tape so it can't move back and forth inside the z1r shells hole be a smarter idea and save the connector from breaking if normal use makes them move back and forth?

Apr 22, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #13,635 of 15,276

Dunu 2s works great, my current cable

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back