SONY IER-Z1R
Aug 13, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #8,431 of 15,275
How are you liking them so far?
I'm currently rotating them and the stock hybrid. Probably going to settle with the stock ones though.
I'm really liking them a lot!
I used to swear by the JVC spiral dot(S) because of how spacious and airy it made the sound. But then I missed the fun bass rumble the hybrid tips(MS) gave, so I went back to that. But now that I've tried the Xelastec(SS) it's pretty much a combination of both. I'm actually surprised how sticky it is too lol
And I say that I'm one of the lucky ones that don't have any fit issues with the Z1R.

20200813_033329.jpg
20200813_033430.jpg

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #8,432 of 15,275
I'm really liking them a lot!
I used to swear by the JVC spiral dot(S) because of how spacious and airy it made the sound. But then I missed the fun bass rumble the hybrid tips(MS) gave, so I went back to that. But now that I've tried the Xelastec(SS) it's pretty much a combination of both. I'm actually surprised how sticky it is too lol
And I say that I'm one of the lucky ones that don't have any fit issues with the Z1R.

20200813_033329.jpg
20200813_033430.jpg
wow, your ears' structure are pretty big. I tried xelastic tip last two weeks, it seems at the beginning, sound and fit are fantastic. However,after 3 days, both of the tips no longer fit properly, it lost the bass and sound harsh on Z1R.

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #8,433 of 15,275
wow, your ears' structure are pretty big. I tried xelastic tip last two weeks, it seems at the beginning, sound and fit are fantastic. However,after 3 days, both of the tips no longer fit properly, it lost the bass and sound harsh on Z1R.
It is pretty big lol I've been blessed.
Because even the huge universal JH Audio Layla Carbon fits my ears quite well.
As for the tips, I'll have to have a few more listens but so far so good.

Aug 14, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #8,435 of 15,275
I tried xelastic tip last two weeks, it seems at the beginning, sound and fit are fantastic. However,after 3 days, both of the tips no longer fit properly, it lost the bass and sound harsh on Z1R.
Try moistening a paper towel with hot water, and cleaning the surface. I find that the tip needs more frequent cleaning, as the sticky material picks up residue, and loses the stickiness, and thus does not stick to the ear canal surface, and seal like when they are new. Try dilute alcohol if the feel of the material is still not restored. Bottom line is that these need some regular maintenance cleaning to keep up their performance.
edit: take them off, and use mild soap and water would be another good way to clean them. I just tried that, and it really helped to restore the surface to like new. Also use a moist kleenex occasionally to clean the inside of the ear to remove excess oil will help.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #8,436 of 15,275
Try moistening a paper towel with hot water, and cleaning the surface. I find that the tip needs more frequent cleaning, as the sticky material picks up residue, and loses the stickiness, and thus does not stick to the ear canal surface, and seal like when they are new. Try dilute alcohol if the feel of the material is still not restored. Bottom line is that these need some regular maintenance cleaning to keep up their performance.
Thank you, Sir. I will try to clean it weekly.
My ear channels also seem like slightly bigger after such 2 weeks fit pain. Now I could fit well with M size TC tips, lol
How to train your ears!!!

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #8,437 of 15,275
edit: take them off, and use mild soap and water would be another good way to clean them. I just tried that, and it really helped to restore the surface to like new. Also use a moist kleenex occasionally to clean the inside of the ear to remove excess oil will help.
Use porous surgical or bandaid tapes, stick and pull, easily clean

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #8,438 of 15,275
Thank you, Sir. I will try to clean it weekly.
My ear channels also seem like slightly bigger after such 2 weeks fit pain. Now I could fit well with M size TC tips, lol
How to train your ears!!!
Well...sticking something into a hole and stretching it, eventually you would enlarge it :D

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #8,444 of 15,275
Yeah... these things are pretty impressive. From the unboxing to the IEM's themselves, built like tanks. So far I'm pretty impressed by the sound, huge feeling and just really engaging. They also fit me like a glove so winning all around!
Warning!!! don't be happy too soon. I thought my ears fit so well in the first place. Then they mentioned "Deep insertion", then oh there is no then about comfortable fit for me anymore !!!
J/k I am sure you make a right choice

Aug 14, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #8,445 of 15,275
Warning!!! don't be happy too soon. I thought my ears fit so well in the first place. Then they mentioned "Deep insertion", then oh there is no then about comfortable fit for me anymore !!!
J/k I am sure you make a right choice

it will depend on your ear anatomy, deep insertion will not always be better sound-wise. In my case, shallow insertion provides the best sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back