SONY IER-Z1R
Aug 2, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #8,341 of 15,290
And how does it sound compared to stock Z1R Cable,given yhe factt the fiio is tri-metal
I am not the one you want to ask about cables and sound. Personally, I am not convinced that cables make any real difference in sound except maybe the tiniest amounts potentially due to impedance/resistance differences. Cables for me are almost strictly about ergonomics, then a tiny amount about looks.

Aug 2, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #8,343 of 15,290
how's the comfort compare to stock?
Thats a bit of a tricky question too. But for me, it was better. The stock cable earhooks are pretty thick and kind of stick to the skin which can cause discomfort on top of the ear. The other issue I had initially with the stock cable is that due to the size of the mmcx connectors, the loop didnt loop around my ear right away so it never quite provided the extra support I needed against the weight of the z1r. However, since I got custom tips, the stock cable has been fine for me.

Aug 2, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #8,344 of 15,290
Thats a bit of a tricky question too. But for me, it was better. The stock cable earhooks are pretty thick and kind of stick to the skin which can cause discomfort on top of the ear. The other issue I had initially with the stock cable is that due to the size of the mmcx connectors, the loop didnt loop around my ear right away so it never quite provided the extra support I needed against the weight of the z1r. However, since I got custom tips, the stock cable has been fine for me.
Thank you. That's good to know. I like the stock cable quite a bit. I think they hold up quite well with occasional sweat as well.

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #8,345 of 15,290
Custom cable made from 6 core Oyaide 102 SCC and 2 core 4n Oyaide Silver. I find the amazing synnergy to the filter mod.

It has made the Z1R much foward mids and made bass impact as close to the pre filter mod impact which was lost due to a thinner filter. It also have put the highs slight more control "shhhh" sound. The whole presentation is very euphonic partly thanks to the 102 SSC which is and amazing able.

Attachments

• Z1R.jpg
    Z1R.jpg
    803.7 KB · Views: 0
Aug 3, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #8,346 of 15,290
Custom cable made from 6 core Oyaide 102 SCC and 2 core 4n Oyaide Silver. I find the amazing synnergy to the filter mod.

It has made the Z1R much foward mids and made bass impact as close to the pre filter mod impact which was lost due to a thinner filter. It also have put the highs slight more control "shhhh" sound. The whole presentation is very euphonic partly thanks to the 102 SSC which is and amazing able.
Which tips are those?

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #8,348 of 15,290

Where do you get that cable?

Aug 3, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #8,351 of 15,290
I’m meeting with a friend this weekend who is raving about his WF-1000XM3. He’s yet to hear my Z1R, I’ve actually got a feeling they might be closer than I’d like to admit in terms of SQ, I bet the XM3 are 95% of the SQ for 1/10 the price!! Part of me hopes they are close though because I like the idea of a wireless Z1R.

Aug 3, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #8,352 of 15,290
I’m meeting with a friend this weekend who is raving about his WF-1000XM3. He’s yet to hear my Z1R, I’ve actually got a feeling they might be closer than I’d like to admit in terms of SQ, I bet the XM3 are 95% of the SQ for 1/10 the price!! Part of me hopes they are close though because I like the idea of a wireless Z1R.

Sorry but your about 95% wrong on your prior conclusion about similarities................but that’s a good thing.

Aug 3, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #8,354 of 15,290

Hi

Can you comment for the cables you own with z1r?

EA Eros II 4.4, EA Ares II 2.5, Satin Audio Medusa 4wire 4.4

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #8,355 of 15,290
I have them, I'd say 60% or 70% if I'm being generous. For true wireless, they're one of the best, but still wireless. I used to use them for commute and my iem for home or office, but after Z1R, nothing else gets used anymore 🙃 (so I sold them)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back