SONY IER-Z1R
Apr 15, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #2,041 of 15,276
I ended up swapping my order to the KSE1200. There's a lot going for it, and no ETA on the Sony's in sight for the US. Also, the ambiguity gets to me too. These things are so elusive, there's not enough impressions/comparisons on them yet. Maybe in the future I'll look back, but not a good call right now unfortunately. Good luck gents.

FWIW e-earphone website has many pages of 5/5 reviews, it's in Japanese of course but you can get a fair sense w/ Google translate.

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #2,042 of 15,276
i keep seeing the KSE1200 being brought up in comparison, but not the empire legend x. How come and why would you want another big block with the KSE1200. Doesn't seem very portable.

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #2,043 of 15,276
i keep seeing the KSE1200 being brought up in comparison, but not the empire legend x. How come and why would you want another big block with the KSE1200. Doesn't seem very portable.

Personally I’m considering hybrid IEMs more (like Empire Legend X, Jomo Trinity, possibly some Hyla or Oriolus offerings). I would never end up using the KSE1200 outdoors because of the inconvenience, and if I’m home, I’m probably reaching for one of my full-sized headphones instead.

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #2,044 of 15,276

Not sure why LX would be a comparison point. LX is overtly warm, almost a polar opposite of Z1R (and KSE). Listening to Z1R after LX would be like being splashed with cold water after walking thru the desert. LX has the most veiled treble and egregious bass bleed I have ever heard from a flagship tuning. Many like a super warm sound though, so it's all preference. To me It does well with electronic but that's about it.

Apr 15, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #2,045 of 15,276
There’s a used Z1R for sale locally at ~$1450. I just got my Hugo 2, so I know I can’t really afford it at the moment, but it’s tempting...

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #2,048 of 15,276
How do i get a hold of that guy?

It’s on the Dr.HP Naver cafe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I think the guy bought the Z1R + ZX300 bundle and ended up wanting to try something else.

lol i would buy it in a heartbeat if im in korea

Yeah it’s a pretty good deal - especially for people overseas who are facing supply shortages. If I decide to get one though, I figure I can get it for a similar price towards the end of the year.

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #2,052 of 15,276
Did he say what he wasn't satisfied with?

Really, it’s not dissatisfaction - my experience here tells me that upgrade-itis (or just new-toy-itis) is pretty rampant in the Korean audio community.

Like... people think hype trains are bad in Western communities, but it’s nothing compared to what you see in Korea. It’s very much a conformist society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back