Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
Nov 6, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #3,001 of 3,155
Yeah. I found a new pair there a couple of months ago. Price was super competitive but I dallied and it was gone. Maybe I’ll wait to see if any others come up. Thank you.
That could have been me :D

In any case, I got my used, A-condition M7 from e-earphone for a very competitive price and when those claim it’s like new they really mean it.

It’s a great option if you don’t want to wait. Just make sure you use another proxy service other than buyee so you can pay in yen instead of their exchange rate.

Nov 6, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #3,002 of 3,155
That could have been me :D

In any case, I got my used, A-condition M7 from e-earphone for a very competitive price and when those claim it’s like new they really mean it.

It’s a great option if you don’t want to wait. Just make sure you use another proxy service other than buyee so you can pay in yen instead of their exchange rate.
Alternatively just use a Forwarding Service. You have more selection + less issues.

Nov 11, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #3,003 of 3,155
Got my new set of M9s yesterday after selling my last pair a while ago.

Realised that chasing my exact perfect pair is futile (I’m way too picky!), and therefore happy to stick with M9 for the foreseeable. They replicate the sound I’m after almost perfectly. Bass, note weight and overall tonality are basically spot on for my preferences. Treble is the sticking point for me, it’s not offensive as such but is a bit dry and forward for my liking. Overall I’ve very satisfied and won’t make the mistake of selling unless something else radical comes along! I’m thinking this will take Penon Impact’s place in my collection and maybe get a good DD set to compliment M9.

Symbio F tips are what I’m using for the time being but may roll at bit in time.

Nov 11, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #3,004 of 3,155
Got my new set of M9s yesterday after selling my last pair a while ago.

Realised that chasing my exact perfect pair is futile (I’m way too picky!), and therefore happy to stick with M9 for the foreseeable. They replicate the sound I’m after almost perfectly. Bass, note weight and overall tonality are basically spot on for my preferences. Treble is the sticking point for me, it’s not offensive as such but is a bit dry and forward for my liking. Overall I’ve very satisfied and won’t make the mistake of selling unless something else radical comes along! I’m thinking this will take Penon Impact’s place in my collection and maybe get a good DD set to compliment M9.

Symbio F tips are what I’m using for the time being but may roll at bit in time.
What DD are you thinking about? iE600?

Nov 11, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #3,005 of 3,155
Nov 11, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #3,006 of 3,155
I had been considering the ie600 to complement the m9, but...
  • I try to buy used, I'm not happy paying a premium for new
  • I have deep concerns about the number of hard-to-spot fake ie600 & ie900 on the used market
  • I could buy new, but what happens if I decide to sell them on in the future? Again the fake issue looms large &I would not be surprised to see the used market for these crash unless something is done to address it.
  • pull yourselves together @Sennheiser & act now! You are selling refurbished ie600's at a good price, but who do I sell them onto?
Rant over. I'm not buying them.

Nov 12, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #3,007 of 3,155
Can someone with the Divinus Velvet tips tell me if they relieve pressure buildup as per the marketing claims?

Nov 12, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #3,008 of 3,155
Can someone with the Divinus Velvet tips tell me if they relieve pressure buildup as per the marketing claims?

Just tried them, and while they don't relieve pressure completely, it still seems less than most other tips, and dissipates quickly. Probably a better match for the M9 than most tips I've tried.

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #3,010 of 3,155
Well well well...

Back on the M9 after the trip to Japan, the overall package is just hard to beat

Nov 15, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #3,012 of 3,155
Well well well...

Back on the M9 after the trip to Japan, the overall package is just hard to beat
I wish it had a tad more sub bass sometimes, but still my #1 IEM.

Nov 15, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #3,014 of 3,155
Hi guys,

I have a question for ier m9 owners who can also compare their experiences with the 64 audio u6t. I was thinking about picking an ier m9 up as I've heard that it's an iem that has a safe, all-rounder tuning. But looking at the frequency responses of the u6t and the m9 they both sport a warmer and relaxed tuning. Is it redundant to add the ier m9 to my collection or do they serve as decent complements to one another?
Don't know anyone who has both, I dont think the U6T gets talked about much cause it's like a lo-fi U12T.

Main differences, if I had to go off reviews and when I emailed 64audio asking, would be that the U6T has a more closed in soundstage and probably "thicker" sound with more lively treble.

The ier-m9 (I have) has the more physical bass and smooth treble that can be crazy good but also as some people say, boring.

Personally regret my purchase though because I don't endorse products that don't have information available on them. 64 Audio's unwilling to release their THD ratings (cause gross) and I cant find any for the ier-m9 at all.

Nov 15, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #3,015 of 3,155
MudEnjoyer: How does it come that IER-M9 is your #1 IEM if you have IER-Z1R as well? :scream:
The Z1R is great, but despite being a basshead myself, I simply find the M9 better overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back