Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
Oct 31, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #226 of 3,155
If you like bass, yes. If you like mids and clarity, symbio peeled is so damn good so far.

and acoustune AET07 similar to symbio peeled with more soundstage and clarity by a little bit, but with additional trebles. Better than Symbio peeled

Oct 31, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #227 of 3,155
and acoustune AET07 similar to symbio peeled with more soundstage and clarity by a little bit, but with additional trebles. Better than Symbio peeled
tbh, me myself, reduce highs by 1-2dBs after using the symbio. But it would good to try this out too! Prefer open sound rather than with the stock hybrid.

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #228 of 3,155
tbh, me myself, reduce highs by 1-2dBs after using the symbio. But it would good to try this out too! Prefer open sound rather than with the stock hybrid.
correct, symbio made bass a bit faster and drier, but reduce highs a little bit.

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #229 of 3,155
correct, symbio made bass a bit faster and drier, but reduce highs a little bit.
No, i meant i reduce couple dBs on eq sometimes for certain tracks. The hybrid tips' bass is too overwhelming sometimes. I will take symbio tips bass anytime with M9. Tighter, faster, accurate. Mids are airy. Highs can be bright in certain unforgiving tracks. But no obvious flaw at all.

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #231 of 3,155
How would tips make bass loose/slow /innacurate/wet?
It's just the bore size and material. Imagine a sound wave travelling. Different material will have different reflection impact. Also the bore of hybrid tips is considerably smaller than the nozzle of M9 itself. The sound wave being compressed right after the nozzle due to smaller tips bore. Imagine that you scream through a small pipe vs bigger pipe.

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #232 of 3,155
It's just the bore size and material. Imagine a sound wave travelling. Different material will have different reflection impact. Also the bore of hybrid tips is considerably smaller than the nozzle of M9 itself. The sound wave being compressed right after the nozzle due to smaller tips bore. Imagine that you scream through a small pipe vs bigger pipe.

correct, usually small bores made bass "bloated" thus perceive as slow, not tight. Symbio have thick and hard nozzle, 1 of the hardest eartips nozzle so bass will be fast, not absorbed or bouncy or bloated, but can be sounded too dry.

I like the analogy of resonance using shouting through big pipe and small pipe

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #233 of 3,155
correct, usually small bores made bass "bloated" thus perceive as slow, not tight. Symbio have thick and hard nozzle, 1 of the hardest eartips nozzle so bass will be fast, not absorbed or bouncy or bloated, but can be sounded too dry.

I like the analogy of resonance using shouting through big pipe and small pipe
correct, symbio bore is really thick and hard. The sound wave will reflect as fast as it can and less being absorbed or etc. Same with headphones, I bring fostex th600 series here, different woods they use, difference resonance occurs which reflect different sound.

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #234 of 3,155
correct, symbio bore is really thick and hard. The sound wave will reflect as fast as it can and less being absorbed or etc. Same with headphones, I bring fostex th600 series here, different woods they use, difference resonance occurs which reflect different sound.

totally agree buddy, its nice to have someone can accept this logic, so many non believers out there.

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #235 of 3,155
totally agree buddy, its nice to have someone can accept this logic, so many non believers out there.
I thought everyone knows about tips rolling?

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #236 of 3,155
I thought everyone knows about tips rolling?

yes, everyone know about tips rolling as long as cable changing, but some of them dont really understand that harness of the silicones, density, materials, firmness, inner nozzle length (its about resonance) can effecting so much in sound profile

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #237 of 3,155
yes, everyone know about tips rolling as long as cable changing, but some of them dont really understand that harness of the silicones, density, materials, firmness, inner nozzle length (its about resonance) can effecting so much in sound profile
Ahh ok. As far as tip rolling, im a fan of tip rolling but not really into cable rolling. I have multiple cables but it will not change as much as tip rolling. Cable effect the impedance as far as i know and also much expensive. Tip rolling is the way to go for iems.

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #238 of 3,155
Ahh ok. As far as tip rolling, im a fan of tip rolling but not really into cable rolling. I have multiple cables but it will not change as much as tip rolling. Cable effect the impedance as far as i know and also much expensive. Tip rolling is the way to go for iems.

on same boat here, i got so many tips, i like to buy eartips even cheapo ones

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #239 of 3,155
on same boat here, i got so many tips, i like to buy eartips even cheapo ones
Yes, pretty much the same. Got like 3 small boxes of eartips. Doesn't cost as much. I have some cheapo too. Fine tuning with tips is the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back