Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Mar 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #2,162 of 2,773
the cable with mic sounds better with the 1R anyways, more balanced sounding. ignore my post if youre not a "believer" :p

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #2,164 of 2,773
the cable with mic sounds better with the 1R anyways, more balanced sounding. ignore my post if youre not a "believer" :p

Can anyone else confirm this? I didn't notice a difference upon my first try. I've been using the normal cable ever since.

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #2,166 of 2,773
Quote:

Wondering if anyone else tried the mod. After spending more time with them I can confirm that my impressions above are not imagination and the change is even more noticeable out of portable for some reason.
The bass hits very hard and tight now, not loose at all, more subbass and added clarity in mids.
I was using this Extreme Dynamat http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00020CATC/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It's fully reversible in case you would want to go back to stock but IMO the improvement is totally worth the hassle.

i've already tried but with some fabric damping, you can see at the photo section :D

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #2,168 of 2,773
Quote:
Can anyone else confirm this? I didn't notice a difference upon my first try. I've been using the normal cable ever since.

backreading helps, bro

Quote:
Hi all,

If compare mdr-1r to ZX700 which one give more 'heavier' bass impact ?

the 1r gives heavier bass impact

-----------

i tried dynamat before i send my 1r back for RMA, although even the bass got more controlled, it is still too much for my tastes. and dynamat is almost irreversible because it is too messy to remove it. i think an open-cell foam is a better alternative although it didnt made any difference when i used that material haha..

putting some cotton material helps in reducing that resonance in the bass since they share similar sound with the esw9 with also has that resonance in that region. too much cotton material will make it sibilant though

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #2,169 of 2,773
Quote:

backreading helps, bro

the 1r gives heavier bass impact

-----------

i tried dynamat before i send my 1r back for RMA, although even the bass got more controlled, it is still too much for my tastes. and dynamat is almost irreversible because it is too messy to remove it. i think an open-cell foam is a better alternative although it didnt made any difference when i used that material haha..

putting some cotton material helps in reducing that resonance in the bass since they share similar sound with the esw9 with also has that resonance in that region. too much cotton material will make it sibilant though

I had no problem removing it, even from rough internals of wooden D5K cups, just peel what you can with the foil and then just use a piece of that peeled black rubber to tap over remaining stuff, it just sticks to it.
They share the similar problem with Denons and Dynamat worked wonder for them. Just make sure to massage it into cups really well so there are no air gaps left.

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #2,170 of 2,773
Mar 26, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #2,172 of 2,773
I wonder if I am the only one that thinks the bass is just right for quiet area and not enough for urban usage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back