Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Nov 21, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #932 of 2,773
Got mines form accessory jack.

Ya so I just tried out my first tune. These sound great. Nice stage for closed. Good definition. Nice forward mids. Good bass not over powering. Commencing burn in.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #933 of 2,773
If Accessoryjack has any sales this weekend, I'll be jumping all over these guys. Look amazing, sound seems to be similar to the typical mid-heavy Sony sound sig that I enjoy.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #935 of 2,773
I finally bought these today,the black ones.

Straight out of an ipod nano 5th gen...

Very first impressions,the sound was not that good,a bit veiled,too warm and coloured,with lack of air,and a bit strange tonality at some frequencies.

After 3 hours of continuous playing...these seem to be really good.Imaging,overall balance,natural timbre,no slow prat,no harsh treble.Good detail,really nice sound quality for a closed can.They play music so beautiful...More impressions to come...

Comfort and fit are very good.I'm wearing them for 3 hours and no problem at all.No creaking noises with my pair.

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #936 of 2,773
Quote:
Considering I just got a rare silver $300 MDR-1R from AJ for $265 shipped to me. I would say that is a good enough of a sale price..

New?  That's a good price.

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #937 of 2,773
Yes brand new with factory wrapping extra cable that is only in the Asian models. While being cheaper. $250 on their web site to be exact. $15 for economy shipping. Took 3 weeks or so but it was worth the wait. Loving this headphone right now. That pic I took was from when I opened the box for the first time. Fantastic deal imo.

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #938 of 2,773
Quote:
Yes brand new with factory wrapping extra cable that is only in the Asian models. While being cheaper. $250 on their web site to be exact. $15 for economy shipping. Took 3 weeks or so but it was worth the wait. Loving this headphone right now. That pic I took was from when I opened the box for the first time. Fantastic deal imo.

Are your 1Rs black and silver instead of the brown and silver? They look that way in the picture.

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #939 of 2,773
I ended up returning my pair when I went to the NC model because I could not sell mine because of the AJ price LOL.

I really wish I had just kept the 1R though. The NC just has to much wind noise issues and I really prefer the treble of the 1R over the NC model. The bass is nice on the NC but that's just not enough to overcome the issues I have with it. So it is going back to Sony.

I may buy the 1R from AJ but I will likely try a few things first since I will be a while in between headphones.

Nov 22, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #941 of 2,773
I took that pic in low lighting that's why it looks darker. It is the brown model. I like that pic though it brings out all the silver and it is in a black box adding to the darkness of the picture.

silver/black match pretty well in your picture, kinda like it
i just decided to choose the silver/brown,made a pre order at the local sony's distributor & had to wait for a month untill the unit finally available hehe

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #942 of 2,773
I just picked up the MDR-1RNC while down here in Australia for a really good deal. I've got a few long flights before I get back to the US, and I've got both the AKG-K490NC and MDR-NWNC200 (the Walkman version which works with the NC in the Sony players) with me. I'll have enough time to do a real world comparison.

Nov 22, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #943 of 2,773
I've really enjoyed reading the opinions and reviews in this thread thank you. It has convinced to put an order in with AJ for the silver and brown MDR-1R. 

Really looking forward to hearing these 'phones for myself.

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #945 of 2,773
Got mines form accessory jack.

Ya so I just tried out my first tune. These sound great. Nice stage for closed. Good definition. Nice forward mids. Good bass not over powering. Commencing burn in.

Dsnuts, could you please tell me how these are for Trance? hows the bass?
could you compare them to the Ultrasone HFI-780(if youve ever tried them) in terms of soundstage?

Much appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back