Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones
Nov 3, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #451 of 1,768
How would you compare these to something like a Sennheiser Momentum?

I tried them on a store today and I can definitively say there was something about them that really caught my ears it was paired to a NWZ A25 but the music was not my cup of tea, with One Direction and Miley Cyrus filling the storage. Evwn then it felt like something. There was a nice synergy going on.

I really wished I could have try them on my own A17.

Soundstage is much, much better than the Sennheiser Momentum. So is comfort and fit, for most people's ears and heads.  Level of detail and clarity is similar, but the Momentum are a bit more neutral in signature.

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #452 of 1,768
Been yearning for a pair here in the U.S., so I asked on the Sony Community forum for the release date, and the moderator just referred me to the product page that has been saying Available Soon. Anyways, I double checked again on the b&h site, where I subscribed for a notice when available, but now they have an estimated availability of December 10, 2015! Was hoping for this month though. Maybe just wait 'till Xmas or after for coupons.

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #453 of 1,768
What's wrong with the KEFs?

My answer is "nothing" (apart from not staying on the head very well). So I'm interested in egokun's response as well.

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #455 of 1,768
  Been yearning for a pair here in the U.S., so I asked on the Sony Community forum for the release date, and the moderator just referred me to the product page that has been saying Available Soon. Anyways, I double checked again on the b&h site, where I subscribed for a notice when available, but now they have an estimated availability of December 10, 2015! Was hoping for this month though. Maybe just wait 'till Xmas or after for coupons.

Or you can just order from Amazon UK and get shipping to your location :p

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #456 of 1,768
Sony canada responded to me and said Best Buy and their online company should have information on the 100AAP the end of this week or next week. So here's hoping they get them soon.

Nov 4, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #457 of 1,768
  Or you can just order from Amazon UK and get shipping to your location :p

This ^^^

It's very easy to switch to the UK Amazon and sign in with your normal username; if you're a Prime member postage is free, although I got impatient and paid £25 for a rush, I think it took about a week to get there?

Nov 4, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #458 of 1,768
Reversed my sorbothane mod and wore my 100aaps on an 8 hour flight. They were magnificent. 

You see, I've been on this forum too much. I was under the impression that bass bloat was a bad thing and forgot that i actually liked, no loved bass bloat. Listening to these things on the way home with that bass and soundstage was like putting on a warm sweater. Very satisfying. 

I apologize Sony, for attempting to modify perfection.

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #460 of 1,768
Glad you guys are enjoying them for what they are =]

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #462 of 1,768
I actually have a pair on right now XD and I agree the extra bassy signature is nice on loud flights. 

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #463 of 1,768

It's only $205 shipped from accessoryjack with EXPRESS shipping. You can save $15 more if you choose regular shipping. I got mine from them 2 days after they shipped from China to California. 

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #464 of 1,768
I don't think the bass is 'bloated' like Beats or other headphones can be.

This bass is generated by air, not by pushing up the lower frequencies to higher volumes.

If a track has no bass it all you won't experience any at all
Preach it brother.

Huh? All sound's movement by air mate. Could you elaborate what you mean?​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back