Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones
Nov 4, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #481 of 1,768
  Do you know of a quality one that is maybe 3m long?

Nope!  That's because I like portable gear so I have no need or desire for cables that long.  Sorry >_<

It's much harder to find 3.5mm TRS to 3.5mm TRRS cables, as opposed to normal TRS-to-TRS cables. . . .

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #482 of 1,768
  Do you know of a quality one that is maybe 3m long?

Try:

http://www.showmecables.com/product/3-5mm-Plug-TRRS-Connector-Metal.aspx

http://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

http://www.scansound.com/index.php/4-conductor-trrs-to-3-conductor-trs-3-5mm-adapter.html

eBay is also a potentially good source.

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #484 of 1,768
  She looks. . .um. . .very confused.  LOL.  How did you get her to pose so perfectly holding the Walkman and looking right at the camera?  LOL.  And of course, she is BEYOND precious, like seriously unbelievably adorable, OMG *gushes*
biggrin.gif

Haha, thanks buddy. She was kinda "What is going on?!!". Although it seems I have hit upon the Sony way of advertising, since she's holding the Walkman upside down haha. I actually took the picture because my father took one of me when I was a similar age with some old JVC headphones and a Walkman tape deck. 3 generations of head-fi nutters!

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #485 of 1,768

That's because for this price it really can't be beat, mate!  Like XERO1 was saying, this headphone is in the same price-class as the ATH-M50x, but absolutely KICKS THE LIVING CRAP out of the M50x in a side-by-side comparison from the same source with decent volume-matching.

Here in Australia they retail for $299.00 if you can find them whilst ATH-M50X's $175.00 - $199.00. So not really in the same price category here.

Would have jumped all over these but just got the Focal Spirit Classic for $200.00 AUD.

However it's good to people enjoying the new Sony.

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #486 of 1,768

Haha, thanks buddy. She was kinda "What is going on?!!". Although it seems I have hit upon the Sony way of advertising, since she's holding the Walkman upside down haha. I actually took the picture because my father took one of me when I was a similar age with some old JVC headphones and a Walkman tape deck. 3 generations of head-fi nutters!

LMAO.  I'm still wondering how you got her to hold still though, haha.

How old is she?
  Here in Australia they retail for $299.00 if you can find them whilst ATH-M50X's $175.00 - $199.00. So not really in the same price category here.

Would have jumped all over these but just got the Focal Spirit Classic for $200.00 AUD.

However it's good to people enjoying the new Sony.

Well, here in the U.S. they will be priced at $200 upon release!  That sucks.  I don't know why Sony always does such wacky stuff with their pricing in different countries.

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #487 of 1,768
  LMAO.  I'm still wondering how you got her to hold still though, haha.

How old is she?
Well, here in the U.S. they will be priced at $200 upon release!  That sucks.  I don't know why Sony always does such wacky stuff with their pricing in different countries.

It's not just Sony. Apart from say FIIO and iBasso whose prices always seem quite reasonable every audio company seems to think we are mugs!! Then again some of us are!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #488 of 1,768
  It's not just Sony. Apart from say FIIO and iBasso whose prices always seem quite reasonable every audio company seems to think we are mugs!! Then again some of us are!!
biggrin.gif

At least in Canada, we are consistently screwed by everyone for everything lol

Nov 4, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #489 of 1,768
biggrin.gif

I sure am baby, lol. But the 1A was $399 so I am not that bad. 
MDR-100AAP is perfectly on spot for price + chance of sales.

This will be the first headphone I own 2 pairs of, they are just that good.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #490 of 1,768
Gentec is now selling these on their Canadian website for $230. I am going to wait for Best Buy and see if they do a Black Friday sale though. Besides I will be tied up reviewing 3 IEMs for the next couple of weeks anyway.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #491 of 1,768
Fair price maybe, still don't see how America gets them for $200, I guess the volume of sales counts too.

In Australia JB Hifi near me has them for $250, $50 cheaper than I paid, not even mad. Was planning on buying a second pair anyways.

Officially own the Bordeaux Pink and Charcoal Black :)

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #492 of 1,768
Hi guys,

I'm on the market for a pair of over-ear cans with a budget of around 150 Euros.

I've been researching extensively and the two candidates I'm considering right now are this Sony and the AKG K550. Any of you guys has any idea of how they compare?

(I really dig the AKG K612PRO, but I understand that, being open back, they're not suitable for listening in noisy environments and/or in public, due to sound leaking. Is that correct?)

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #494 of 1,768
They will be replacing a pair of B&W P5 that I adore, but that are having some cable-related issues. I know they have a lower price tag, but I hope I won't miss the Bowers too much.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #495 of 1,768
  Hi guys,

I'm on the market for a pair of over-ear cans with a budget of around 150 Euros.

I've been researching extensively and the two candidates I'm considering right now are this Sony and the AKG K550. Any of you guys has any idea of how they compare?

I've tried multiple pairs of the K550, but I have never been able to get a good seal from them.  If I push the earcups against my head with my fingers, they sound great, but as soon as I let go, the seal is lost and all the bass disappears. 
mad.gif
  This is the only headphone that I have ever had this problem with.  I think it's because the metal headband is so thin and flimsy. 

So for me, it would definitely be the 100AAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back