Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Oct 9, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #766 of 2,543
Yes, as I said, I actually use the large stock tips. I was wondering about the alternative of foam tips which would fit the narrow nozzle and not slide off in my ear.

Are the stock tips sliding off? Mine do not. The nozzle lip holds them.

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #767 of 2,543
No, the stock tips stay on just fine. It's the foam tips I have (Inairs, New Bee) which are sliding off. Having looked into this a bit, I see that Inairs are available in different sizes. The ones I have (AIR2) are designed for larger nozzles, but there are AIR1 and AIR3 which fit narrower nozzles.

As it is, the best tips I have tried for my MH755s so far are the large silicone ones from my KZ ATE's. They're also the best on the KZ's, giving me the best all-round combination of clarity, weight and comfort. As far as I can tell, these are not the same type as are referred to as 'starlines', but they may be very similar. I have some starlines on order.

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #768 of 2,543
No, the stock tips stay on just fine. It's the foam tips I have (Inairs, New Bee) which are sliding off. Having looked into this a bit, I see that Inairs are available in different sizes. The ones I have (AIR2) are designed for larger nozzles, but there are AIR1 and AIR3 which fit narrower nozzles.

As it is, the best tips I have tried for my MH755s so far are the large silicone ones from my KZ ATE's. They're also the best on the KZ's, giving me the best all-round combination of clarity, weight and comfort. As far as I can tell, these are not the same type as are referred to as 'starlines', but they may be very similar. I have some starlines on order.

I have never liked foam tips so I can't comment on that.

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #769 of 2,543
These MH755s are evidently pretty hard to drive, aren't they? I just tried them with my laptop and at full volume setting, they still weren't very loud. My LG phone with B&O DAC are able to go much louder, so it's not a problem, just an observation (and I don't really like high volume that much anyway).

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #770 of 2,543
These MH755s are evidently pretty hard to drive, aren't they? I just tried them with my laptop and at full volume setting, they still weren't very loud. My LG phone with B&O DAC are able to go much louder, so it's not a problem, just an observation (and I don't really like high volume that much anyway).

I think they are quite easy to drive though. I drive them quite easy with my laptop and phone, as well as my DAP. But I admit that they might benefit from extra power.

Oct 9, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #771 of 2,543
I run 30-35 on my LG V30 with the MH755 in a quiet-ish environment.

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #773 of 2,543

Try T200 or T300 foam tips from AliExpress. T300 are a tight fit. T200 falls between the T300 & larger T500 (newbee size)

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #774 of 2,543
755 definitely need some decent amping. Out of phone it's OK but give it some power and wow.. I always do replaygain and that already lower the output.

I looked up the Harman compensation online and using apo to eq. I like my own eq (suggested settings before) better though.

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #775 of 2,543
Ordered another pair of MH755 from ebay, but, disappointingly, they have turned up faulty, with no sound from the right earphone. Are faults common with this item? At the price, I don't imagine quality control can be that great.

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #778 of 2,543
Ordered another pair of MH755 from ebay, but, disappointingly, they have turned up faulty, with no sound from the right earphone. Are faults common with this item? At the price, I don't imagine quality control can be that great.

I'm sending these back. But I've already ordered another pair, from a reputable source (which I thought I'd used last time, but it appears not). Should be with me the middle of next week.

Request a replacement from the seller. I had one and they happily replaced it without asking me to return the faulty one. The sellers do not purposely send faulty ones.

Oct 11, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #780 of 2,543
What would be good tips for the mh1c? I love the sound but because of the weight of the cable they keep falling out if my ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back