Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Sep 25, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #707 of 2,545
Both the MH755 I bought from ebay and a local shopping site (shopee) arrived today at the same time. both seems to be legit and sounds similar except one has slightly brighter treble, probably a difference in the quantity of foam in the nozzle.

Changed the cable on both of them successfully. The MH755 sounds noticeably better than the MH750 to me. On the MH750 I feel like the bass sometimes overpower the mids a little, making them sound a little muddier. Still good, but just a bit muddier. But the MH755 is spot on for me so far, enjoying them so far. Was thinking of recabling the MH750 too, but probably won't bother with that now.

w5X2J7p.png

JAiRrua.png

Sep 25, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #709 of 2,545
Just did a pair of mine, same cable.

Did you add strain reliefs (knots)? I was going to but it completely engulfed the housing so I didn't bother.

Also a good tip, if you want to get the shell open without damaging the bass port, use rubber gloves. You can easily open them without scuffing the plastic.

Vac8yKS.jpg

Sep 25, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #710 of 2,545
They fit quite nicely, I like them. I wonder if the chin slider was included, when I was looking for cables most DIY unterminated ones seemed to not come with it.

I added a chin slider. It's a small piece of clear tubing. On my last pair I used a piece of heat shrink that I pre-shrunk.

Did you add strain reliefs (knots)? I was going to but it completely engulfed the housing so I didn't bother.

I did on mine.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #711 of 2,545
Probably safer to do the knot, although the cable is quite bulky when tied and there isn't much space in the shell, I wonder how it affects sound.

In any case, the cable is quite tight in the strain relief tubes, so hopefully it won't move much. If it does I will have to re-do them and tie a knot.

I like the cable though, I wanted something light but durable and this fits the bill nicely.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #714 of 2,545
I did the knots inside even though the cable was very tight against the strain relief. thought of using some hot glue as well, but easier to just do the knot. maybe with less room inside the bass will be a bit reduced? Not sure. I didn't really notice a huge difference, but I didn't really test them much before I changed the cable.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #716 of 2,545
Probably safer to do the knot, although the cable is quite bulky when tied and there isn't much space in the shell, I wonder how it affects sound.

In any case, the cable is quite tight in the strain relief tubes, so hopefully it won't move much. If it does I will have to re-do them and tie a knot.

I like the cable though, I wanted something light but durable and this fits the bill nicely.
Can you kindly share a link to the cable?

Sep 26, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #718 of 2,545
Re-cabled one more tonight. I was going to make another mmcx one but I didnt have the right connectors.

Now just gotta choose tips.

Or

Panda of course:)

Sep 26, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #719 of 2,545
While opening some flat cable earbuds I noticed they used some tiny metal clamp to hold the cable inside the shell instead of a knot, that could be a solution for less flexible cables on the 755.

That’s what I usually use on my recabled 755s. They are cheap to buy.

Sep 26, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #720 of 2,545
Re-cabled one more tonight. I was going to make another mmcx one but I didnt have the right connectors.

Now just gotta choose tips.

Or

Looks nice. What cable is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back