Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Feb 26, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #1,261 of 1,526
Yeah The Verge sux. LOL But they had more info than others did. GSM IS better. Yeah white/silver is def nice.

Haha perhaps the U12 will be? But I dunno if I wanna go back to HTC at this point. Sony might not be a big power player in mobile, but they're doin' ok at least. HTC however is REALLY struggling as now they're consolidating mobile and VR. But we'll see. I'm also hoping Sony will surprise us in coming months and release XZ2 Pro/Premium with dual camera. But.........then there's always that same nagging VoLTE issue. lol

I think it still MOSTLY looks like a Sony Xperia phone to me. I dunno.

Yeah so now the rest of the world got screwed over b/c they have no issues with side FS in Power button, but b/c of the U.S., they have to have it on back. lol And we STILL don't know FOR SURE if it's Verizon or Apple who owns that da*n patent!! lol

It kills me because they COULD market it and sell through carriers, but they really don't. I'm sorry, but selling the XZ1 Compact through VERIZON doesn't mean crap to me! F Verizon!!! They are SO f'ing stupid for doing that. It is inexcusable. I'm watching Walking Dead last night and guess who was sponsoring it? LG for the V30!! Why the F isn't Sony doing that?!! Will some billionaire who's reading this PLEASE send Sony Mobile a billion dollars on the condition that they FIND THEIR BALLS and start marketing here in the U.S. like f'ing men and not like sissy babies??!

I'm sitting here WANTING to buy the XZ Premium or better the XZ2 Premium/Pro, or MAYBE even the XZ2 (maybe), but why the F should I? So when I'm out and my friends have great reception and I don't I can be happy about that?? lol Nope!

Ok I'm done. lol
im definitely considering the XZP and the XZ1 right now. HTC will definitely be better because even HTC wont make such a thick phone like the xz2 at 11.1mm...which by comparison is way thicker than htc11 plus which is at 8.5mm. Thats terrible really. maybe they are testing the waters and might releae something better later.
Some reviewers of the XZ2 are saying it's overkill to have 4K HDR on a phone screen. But I actually don't think agree. Reason being, Sony is stating that the XZ2 can record in 4K HDR, But how are you supposed to watch it?? lol It's fine if you have a 4K HDR TV, but a lot of ppl still don't.

And this is awesome too (from C-Net):

"Sony says it developed the camera firmware in partnership with Qualcomm to optimise the images for better low light performance, too."

its not overkill. its a nice innovation but i think the vibration is a gimmick. yeah it seems sony made improvments on the camera side of things.

just the design idk its sooo polarizing. do you actually like it? would you consider the xz2? only LG and Samsung have come out victorious in the end due to keeping the headphone jack. but what happens then.

also thoughts on nokias revamped flagship?https://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_8_sirocco-9087.php

Feb 27, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #1,262 of 1,526
im definitely considering the XZP and the XZ1 right now. HTC will definitely be better because even HTC wont make such a thick phone like the xz2 at 11.1mm...which by comparison is way thicker than htc11 plus which is at 8.5mm. Thats terrible really. maybe they are testing the waters and might releae something better later.

its not overkill. its a nice innovation but i think the vibration is a gimmick. yeah it seems sony made improvments on the camera side of things.

just the design idk its sooo polarizing. do you actually like it? would you consider the xz2? only LG and Samsung have come out victorious in the end due to keeping the headphone jack. but what happens then.

also thoughts on nokias revamped flagship?https://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_8_sirocco-9087.php

Well I don't blame you. At this point there's a lot of good reasons to just get the XZP or XZ1. What I wonder is, do people who have AT&T get VoLTE?? On the X Performance 2 years ago, ppl I talked to on XDA who had it and AT&T said they were getting it, but on XZP people who had AT&T said they weren't I believe. Very confusing! I guess if I was willing to root and mod my XZP, I would do it. But you know what? F Sony. I'm not going through that again. And if something goes wrong, there goes my warranty too! lol

We'll see on HTC. I just wish they'd get their act together.

Yeah it's not overkill! Exactly!! Yes they did make improvements there, and to the volume of the speakers. Though no word on if that applies to headphone output volume too, which is what I REALLY care about! lol

I'm somewhat in agreement with you. I def like the front more than the back, but I think I like the back to some extent. Although I think the XZP's back was cooler. I dunno on the headphone jack thing man. I applaud Samsung and LG for keeping it, but who knows for how long they will keep that up?

I def like the front of the Nokia. Reminds me of the Note 8 (cuz of the front edges, which isn't a bad thing. No headphone jack and only one speaker are minuses, but all other specs look great!

There are two positives I'm focusing on right now that are putting me at SOME ease. lol 1) I notice that at least a few of the reviews that came out today on the XZ2 mentioned that the camera was better than the S9's, though it only mentioned it really with regards to slow motion (that the slow-mo can do 960 fps in 1080p where S9 can only do like a third of that and in 720p). Man, I gotta admit.........it's NICE to see Sony Xperia phones mentioned in such high regard by U.S. reviewers! LOL 2) With the mention of the dual camera, I feel that their NEXT release will be the game changer we've been waiting for. Maybe not in EVERY single way, but I think they will do 4K HDR, dual camera is for sure, bigger screen perhaps, maybe even better design? etc. I dunno........but the sour note is the VoLTE thing. No matter how great their phone is, it will REALLY piss me off if I have to root/mod to get VoLTE. If I couldn't do it for the MASTERPIECE that is the XZP, I don't know if I could ever be brought to do it. lol

Feb 27, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #1,263 of 1,526
Having purchased a xz2 compact only 2 months ago and barely 2 months after its release i should not be verv happy at all with Sony

Thankfully I dont like the new design at all. I happen to like Sony's distinctive omni balance design bezels and all. Now it's just another bland bar of soap like clone. The back of the phone in particular is a pretty poor effort with its central fps

Its particularly disappoiinting that they've followed the trend of omitting the headpone socket especially as Sony actually invented the 3.5mm minijack :frowning2:

Feb 27, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #1,264 of 1,526
Having purchased a xz2 compact only 2 months ago and barely 2 months after its release i should not be verv happy at all with Sony

Thankfully I dont like the new design at all. I happen to like Sony's distinctive omni balance design bezels and all. Now it's just another bland bar of soap like clone. The back of the phone in particular is a pretty poor effort with its central fps

Its particularly disappoiinting that they've followed the trend of omitting the headpone socket especially as Sony actually invented the 3.5mm minijack :frowning2:

I think you mean the XZ1 Compact as the XZ2 Compact doesn't come out 'til March.

Yeah it sux that they removed the headphone jack. They say it will further improve battery life though, so hopefully that happens.

Feb 27, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #1,265 of 1,526
I think you mean the XZ1 Compact as the XZ2 Compact doesn't come out 'til March.

Yeah it sux that they removed the headphone jack. They say it will further improve battery life though, so hopefully that happens.
Yes sorry meant XZ1 !
As my phone never shows less than 50% battery at the end of a days heavy use that doesn't really bother me ! !

Feb 27, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #1,266 of 1,526
Well I don't blame you. At this point there's a lot of good reasons to just get the XZP or XZ1. What I wonder is, do people who have AT&T get VoLTE?? On the X Performance 2 years ago, ppl I talked to on XDA who had it and AT&T said they were getting it, but on XZP people who had AT&T said they weren't I believe. Very confusing! I guess if I was willing to root and mod my XZP, I would do it. But you know what? F Sony. I'm not going through that again. And if something goes wrong, there goes my warranty too! lol

We'll see on HTC. I just wish they'd get their act together.

Yeah it's not overkill! Exactly!! Yes they did make improvements there, and to the volume of the speakers. Though no word on if that applies to headphone output volume too, which is what I REALLY care about! lol

I'm somewhat in agreement with you. I def like the front more than the back, but I think I like the back to some extent. Although I think the XZP's back was cooler. I dunno on the headphone jack thing man. I applaud Samsung and LG for keeping it, but who knows for how long they will keep that up?

I def like the front of the Nokia. Reminds me of the Note 8 (cuz of the front edges, which isn't a bad thing. No headphone jack and only one speaker are minuses, but all other specs look great!

There are two positives I'm focusing on right now that are putting me at SOME ease. lol 1) I notice that at least a few of the reviews that came out today on the XZ2 mentioned that the camera was better than the S9's, though it only mentioned it really with regards to slow motion (that the slow-mo can do 960 fps in 1080p where S9 can only do like a third of that and in 720p). Man, I gotta admit.........it's NICE to see Sony Xperia phones mentioned in such high regard by U.S. reviewers! LOL 2) With the mention of the dual camera, I feel that their NEXT release will be the game changer we've been waiting for. Maybe not in EVERY single way, but I think they will do 4K HDR, dual camera is for sure, bigger screen perhaps, maybe even better design? etc. I dunno........but the sour note is the VoLTE thing. No matter how great their phone is, it will REALLY piss me off if I have to root/mod to get VoLTE. If I couldn't do it for the MASTERPIECE that is the XZP, I don't know if I could ever be brought to do it. lol
idk how a company like sony can have such bad relationship with the USA. Its one thing if you're a chinese company example like huawei who was banned from the US for security fears of a breach of communist chiense goverment but what the hell is up with sony.

HTCu12 is going to be better than XZ2 in design and form factor i bet you.

thats the thing is if LG and Samsung remove it there is nobody else left. people at sony should commit seppuku for removing the headphone jack since they invented it. shame on them.

yeah nokia stuck with 16:9. Now i do see the advantage of the 18:9 from a design perspective. The nokia 8 sorroco has slim bezels but because of the 16:9 it looks wide and short. but not necessariyl ugly the 18:9 is more symmetrical when bezeless.

yeah also sony has been collaborating with qualcom for some serious low light improvements in SP chips. they are making big strives there. Also supposed dual camera flagship will have world leading low light sensitivity.

It seems sony has listened to all the complaints but almost to the point where it lost its identitiy. Why is it to hard for companies to resist the no headphone jack trend. Like **** apple they can be it at on their own. Or do you think maybe apple is secretly paying all the companies to follow the trend so they are not on their own lol.
Yes sorry meant XZ1 !
As my phone never shows less than 50% battery at the end of a days heavy use that doesn't really bother me ! !
xz1c has the highest battery endurance out of all 835 phones.

Feb 28, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #1,268 of 1,526
idk how a company like sony can have such bad relationship with the USA. Its one thing if you're a chinese company example like huawei who was banned from the US for security fears of a breach of communist chiense goverment but what the hell is up with sony.

HTCu12 is going to be better than XZ2 in design and form factor i bet you.

thats the thing is if LG and Samsung remove it there is nobody else left. people at sony should commit seppuku for removing the headphone jack since they invented it. shame on them.

yeah nokia stuck with 16:9. Now i do see the advantage of the 18:9 from a design perspective. The nokia 8 sorroco has slim bezels but because of the 16:9 it looks wide and short. but not necessariyl ugly the 18:9 is more symmetrical when bezeless.

yeah also sony has been collaborating with qualcom for some serious low light improvements in SP chips. they are making big strives there. Also supposed dual camera flagship will have world leading low light sensitivity.

It seems sony has listened to all the complaints but almost to the point where it lost its identitiy. Why is it to hard for companies to resist the no headphone jack trend. Like **** apple they can be it at on their own. Or do you think maybe apple is secretly paying all the companies to follow the trend so they are not on their own lol.

xz1c has the highest battery endurance out of all 835 phones.

I know why. Because they have NO BALLS!!! lol And I suspect they may have a crack/cocaine problem. Hey here's a great idea........let's certify VoLTE for the XZ1 Compact and the XZ2 Compact, but NOT those "SILLY FLAGSHIP" phones!! Cuz that would be STUPID! lol

You're prob right. AND HTC will prob certify VoLTE for it too like they did the 10 and U11 too. lol You see Sony Mobile, you can learn a valuable lesson from HTC. This is what your unlocked phones are SUPPOSED to be like:

What other network services does the Unlocked HTC U11 support?
Unlike many unlocked smartphone manufacturers, HTC builds our unlocked devices to support many of the high-end features offered by our carrier partners. For example, the HTC U11 supports Carrier Aggregation for T-Mobile, AT&T and voice over LTE (VoLTE) for T-Mobile and Verizon. In addition, customers of T-Mobile can also utilize voice over wifi (VoWiFI) though some services may require enabling by your carrier or adding to your monthly plan.

It's NOT hard. Not hard at all you stupid %^%&&%&*&^*%!! lol

crap, maybe I WILL consider the U12 aertus? lol We'll see.

Well I'm glad you're coming around on 18:9. I just think it makes the phone look better & cooler, and it makes the screen look bigger too.

Yeah I saw that about Sony/Qualcomm low light partnership. I really think the NEXT phone will be amazing, but if it's not 4K HDR, I'll be disappointed. lol

Yeah Sony's listening but not enough. Again, they claim the headphone jack removal means increased battery life. I dunno man. I hope it's true, but my V30 got rated by GSM Arena as having a 93 hour battery life. THAT'S incredible IMO, and it still has that jack. I guess we'll see.

So I guess the XZ2 is actually 2K cuz it's 2160 x 1080p, per someone on another site. So it's 2K?? lol SO confusing!!

Yes, it's VERY high (108 hours)!! Super impressive (XZ1 C)!!! Wonder what rating the XZ2 C will get?

Feb 28, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #1,269 of 1,526
Aertus, see this video from about 1:33-2:50. NOT good for HTC! lol

With that issue + weaker battery, I will be passing on the HTC U12 UNLESS BOTH issues are resolved.

My one friend has the ZTE Axon 7 which has a SICK amp & DAC on it. But the battery life on it is not that great he said (70 hrs per GSM Arena). It's rated well overall, but it came out like 2 years ago and runs on the 820. lol No Axon 8, and Axon 9 is still pending.

So right now if I'm gonna upgrade it's gonna be Sony Xperia XZ2 Pro/Premium IF it has VoLTE, HTC U12 IF battery and DAC issues (amp is strong though) are fixed, or else prob just keep my phone. lol I was even considering iPhone for a moment but the battery life on them isn't that great either per GSM Arena. iPhone X for example only has like 72 hours of life.

Also, this is very cool. Though I hope it really doesn't take a year. lol

Feb 28, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #1,270 of 1,526
yeah the htcu11 could have been better but the 11 plus is an imprvoment overall. i wanna until new htc and nokia flagships come out later.

Sony is doing some legit innovation with those dual camears. apparently it can take amazing pictures in low light maybe they are saving all this innovation for the mirai true flagship. i reckon we are going to be impressed or disappointed.

apparently US, UK, canada XZ2 are getting 6gb of ram.

Feb 28, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #1,271 of 1,526
yeah the htcu11 could have been better but the 11 plus is an imprvoment overall. i wanna until new htc and nokia flagships come out later.

Sony is doing some legit innovation with those dual camears. apparently it can take amazing pictures in low light maybe they are saving all this innovation for the mirai true flagship. i reckon we are going to be impressed or disappointed.

apparently US, UK, canada XZ2 are getting 6gb of ram.

Oh yeah I forgot about the HTC U11+. Some minor changes (18:9, bigger screen), but SAME battery life for both?? That's not an improvement. lol But what about the audio? I took a quick look and really didn't find anything regarding headphone audio quality rating on the U11+. Let me know if you have any info on that. If it's the same as HTC U11 then that's not a good sign for the U12. lol I noticed the Noise & Crosstalk ratings are like identical.........not good. The 10 had lower Crosstalk and Noise ratings than them both. My guess is the U11+ has the same sound quality.

That's cool. I personally have no interest in Nokia really even though the one you showed me looked cool, but HTC..........BIG maybe. I really wish we could somehow combine HTC's healthy attitude towards VoLTE & U.S. carriers (and payment options lol) with Sony's actual phones. But I guess that would be "TOO perfect", right? lol

Yes they are. Prob both..............impressed by how awesome it is, but disappointed if they decide to continue this "VoLTE Idiocy" (yes, I've now given my rage a name lol).

Yeah I meant to send you that about the 6 GBs RAM but got sidetracked. It's still not 100% official but we should find out soon enough if it is since the XZ2 comes out next month. If true, that is DEF a plus. NOW just add OIS already for all the whiners! LOL!!

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #1,272 of 1,526
Oh yeah I forgot about the HTC U11+. Some minor changes (18:9, bigger screen), but SAME battery life for both?? That's not an improvement. lol But what about the audio? I took a quick look and really didn't find anything regarding headphone audio quality rating on the U11+. Let me know if you have any info on that. If it's the same as HTC U11 then that's not a good sign for the U12. lol I noticed the Noise & Crosstalk ratings are like identical.........not good. The 10 had lower Crosstalk and Noise ratings than them both. My guess is the U11+ has the same sound quality.

That's cool. I personally have no interest in Nokia really even though the one you showed me looked cool, but HTC..........BIG maybe. I really wish we could somehow combine HTC's healthy attitude towards VoLTE & U.S. carriers (and payment options lol) with Sony's actual phones. But I guess that would be "TOO perfect", right? lol

Yes they are. Prob both..............impressed by how awesome it is, but disappointed if they decide to continue this "VoLTE Idiocy" (yes, I've now given my rage a name lol).

Yeah I meant to send you that about the 6 GBs RAM but got sidetracked. It's still not 100% official but we should find out soon enough if it is since the XZ2 comes out next month. If true, that is DEF a plus. NOW just add OIS already for all the whiners! LOL!!
they have worsre cross talk because the removed the audio jack. people don't realize the USBC was never engineered for audio technology so the 10 has better audio technology as far as I can tell. the htc11 was a step down but maybe they will come to their senses with the u12

nokia has potential to be really good because they have innovated many things that samsung later copied. So they too have potential. Nokia lumias were pretty good. But i reckon once they get their stuff together they will be on HTC level.

You know samsung and LG still are on the top of the game. because sony and htc are being stupid and nokia is doing catchup they are the best two androids right now despite their flaws.

hhmm do you think maybe sony is doing the XZ2 on purpose to gauge everyoens reaction and then realease their good phones at IFA 2018? Because idk if you've noticed Sony tends to show their best stuff at IFA and i think they are waiting to surprise us with a much better phone design with top notch camera quality like the dual system sony is saying is way ahead of the game. this means they could take better low light than google pixel.

s9plus now on the top DXOMArk score with 99 overall

Mar 1, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #1,273 of 1,526
they have worsre cross talk because the removed the audio jack. people don't realize the USBC was never engineered for audio technology so the 10 has better audio technology as far as I can tell. the htc11 was a step down but maybe they will come to their senses with the u12

nokia has potential to be really good because they have innovated many things that samsung later copied. So they too have potential. Nokia lumias were pretty good. But i reckon once they get their stuff together they will be on HTC level.

You know samsung and LG still are on the top of the game. because sony and htc are being stupid and nokia is doing catchup they are the best two androids right now despite their flaws.

hhmm do you think maybe sony is doing the XZ2 on purpose to gauge everyoens reaction and then realease their good phones at IFA 2018? Because idk if you've noticed Sony tends to show their best stuff at IFA and i think they are waiting to surprise us with a much better phone design with top notch camera quality like the dual system sony is saying is way ahead of the game. this means they could take better low light than google pixel.

s9plus now on the top DXOMArk score with 99 overall

Yeah the 10's noise and crosstalk are lower, esp crosstalk. I didn't know that. That sux man. But I wonder if the DAC can be made better to make up for that?? Yeah I sure hope so man. I'm running out of options here! lol

Interesting. Yeah I'd like to see Nokia improve b/c competition never hurts the consumer. lol

I know. I mean, I would argue that Sony is better than both Samsung and LG, but at least THEY sell through carriers. And advertise. lol

See here's the thing. Someone told me on here or else XDA the other day that the XZ Premium was never even announced at MWC last year. Sony just kinda released it onto the public w/o warning, like a lightning bolt! lol So I dunno WHAT to think man. They're so God Damn random about stuff that it's hard to really get an idea of where their head is. They DEFINITELY seem to be really trying to appeal the U.S. market finally (the FS location change is PROOF of that lol), but this BS of promoting ONLY the XZ2 Compact as a "Verizon Exclusive" while the BETTER phones get pushed aside is ludicrous. I STILL think about selling my V30 for the XZP and rooting it, but everyday that goes by that seems less and less likely. I'd rather Sony released their better phone EARLIER in the year instead of trying to compete with LG's V series and Samsung's Note series. They should release the "secondary flagship" phones like the XZ2 then. I dunno. Maybe I'm just saying that b/c I'm impatient? lol

Well everything they said at MWC about that dual camera (which wasn't much) but also articles thereafter indicate the partnership with Ericsson and the desire to bring us a next level dual camera. The other big partnership with Qualcomm is also a key item as well. They are def gonna release something amazing camera-wise in the near future. But will it be at IFA, sooner, or 2019?? I hope it's this summer. LOL F waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm gonna e-mail Sony Mobile again and bitch about the VoLTE thing. It's been a while. lol

That's cool. But we'll see how long that lasts. :L3000: lol

Mar 4, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #1,274 of 1,526
Was just talking with the guy who runs xperiablog.net (UK site) via e-mail, and he had THIS (below) to say! :L3000:

Yes, we hear that the XZ2 Premium was due to launch at MWC, but postponed at the last minute. It should bring a 4K display (maybe OLED too) with dual cameras - it should be a beast when it launches, and let's hope for our US friends it wlll have T-Mobile VoLTE certification too.

The XZ2 and XZ2 Compact phones are okay, but as fans from the beginning, Sony could have done more in our view. We struggle with their lack of differentiation unfortunately and feel it is a step back, despite the obvious polish that Sony always includes!

Hope all is well.

John

Assuming this is true, which I will lol, this basically CONFIRMS the existence of the XZ2 Premium!!!!!!! Hopefully they shoot for a June release like they did with the XZ Premium and not Fall. The dual cameras would be AWESOME too! I'm gonna assume it will have a 4K HDR display and not just 4K too.

Mar 4, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #1,275 of 1,526
Was just talking with the guy who runs xperiablog.net (UK site) via e-mail, and he had THIS (below) to say! :L3000:

Yes, we hear that the XZ2 Premium was due to launch at MWC, but postponed at the last minute. It should bring a 4K display (maybe OLED too) with dual cameras - it should be a beast when it launches, and let's hope for our US friends it wlll have T-Mobile VoLTE certification too.

The XZ2 and XZ2 Compact phones are okay, but as fans from the beginning, Sony could have done more in our view. We struggle with their lack of differentiation unfortunately and feel it is a step back, despite the obvious polish that Sony always includes!

Hope all is well.

John

Assuming this is true, which I will lol, this basically CONFIRMS the existence of the XZ2 Premium!!!!!!! Hopefully they shoot for a June release like they did with the XZ Premium and not Fall. The dual cameras would be AWESOME too! I'm gonna assume it will have a 4K HDR display and not just 4K too.
it already has a 4k hdr display. the new innovation in the camera recording. previously you couldn't do video in 4k AND hdr. You had to downgrade in resolution to record in hdr now you can do both so thats nice from sony.

yeah the way the dual cameras are being talked about by sony it seems like its going to be a real upgrade. I might have to wait a while longer before i really decide what phone i wanna buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back