Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Feb 21, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #1,247 of 1,526
Thank you for your message.

We are very sorry for the inconveniences you are experiencing. Please contact your local Sennheiser customer service to have your product checked.

You can find a list of our service partners worldwide on our website:

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/service-support-contact-service-partner-worldwide

what their response was.

Ok..............not sure why they gave you a link to their int'l site lol, but maybe the e-mail I gave you only works if they initiate it?

Ok, so just use the U.S. Sennheiser contact page here. When they respond to you via e-mail, at that point you can attach those pics. Just be persistent, and be clear that you're happy with everything but the tips need to be replaced (or you get a partial refund, etc.).

Feb 21, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #1,249 of 1,526
thanks. well see what happens.

anyways first day of use and im impressed. definitely a step above stock earphones. I wonder how the sony mh1c compare.

Yeah sure YW.

That's great man! Glad to hear it. Yeah lemme vs. MH1C.

Got the 1ADAC earlier today. Fully charged it............gonna try it out later tonight vs. LG V30. Still not sure how to fairly compare it against my HD1s. I guess maybe with DAC on 1ADAC off but V30's on for both? But then the 1ADAC is at a disadvantage I think? I dunno. lol

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #1,250 of 1,526
Feb 23, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #1,251 of 1,526
https://venturebeat.com/2018/02/23/...creen-smartphones-xperia-xz2-and-xz2-compact/

This appears to be the XZ1's sequel NOT XZP as XZP's battery size were 3280 mAh and this one is only 3180.

U think they will announce XZP sequel at MWC too????

Stereo speakers, confirmed. Headphone jack, not (yet). lol

I actually like the look a lot. U? Not sure on back but front looks cool to me. Like the curved glass.
no i really dislike the look. Sony lost its uniqueness with that look. its taking too much from Nokia and HTC design that I think its not really sony anymore. people wanted a change and i guess they got what they wanted but its not that unique anymore all they needed to do was improve their omnibalance design.

this is just a nokia lol. And if they remove the headphone jack thats good bye to sony for me.

upload_2018-2-23_15-46-46.png

Feb 23, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #1,252 of 1,526
no i really dislike the look. Sony lost its uniqueness with that look. its taking too much from Nokia and HTC design that I think its not really sony anymore. people wanted a change and i guess they got what they wanted but its not that unique anymore all they needed to do was improve their omnibalance design.

this is just a nokia lol. And if they remove the headphone jack thats good bye to sony for me.

I dunno. I like the curved glass, and unlike the HTC U12 ppl keep comparing it to today, it's not as wide out as that, LG, and Samsung phones tend to be. It's more thin/svelt, which is what Sony IS known for.

Wow. Words I never thought aertus would say. lol

I would've been fine with them staying with OmniBalance. I WASN'T one of the ppl asking for a redesign. lol I mean Y Design would've been great or that one fan design with the "punch hole speakers" on the front was kinda cool too. But nothing too crazy.

Also happy about 845, 18:9, and............they're talking about a March release?!! lol

This is for the XZ1 sequel though too. XZ2 Pro I think will be better. 3 days 'til we find out though lol.........................

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #1,254 of 1,526
I dunno. I like the curved glass, and unlike the HTC U12 ppl keep comparing it to today, it's not as wide out as that, LG, and Samsung phones tend to be. It's more thin/svelt, which is what Sony IS known for.

Wow. Words I never thought aertus would say. lol

I would've been fine with them staying with OmniBalance. I WASN'T one of the ppl asking for a redesign. lol I mean Y Design would've been great or that one fan design with the "punch hole speakers" on the front was kinda cool too. But nothing too crazy.

Also happy about 845, 18:9, and............they're talking about a March release?!! lol

This is for the XZ1 sequel though too. XZ2 Pro I think will be better. 3 days 'til we find out though lol.........................
i still don't get how Sony hasn't hired that youtuber yet who designs xperia concepts. the ones with the holes was really cool.

there is sitll hopy sony didn't **** up but the fact that its also rumored not to have a headphone jack is a big deal as well. I just wanted something more unqieu its way too similar to older nokia or htc11

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #1,255 of 1,526
i still don't get how Sony hasn't hired that youtuber yet who designs xperia concepts. the ones with the holes was really cool.

there is sitll hopy sony didn't **** up but the fact that its also rumored not to have a headphone jack is a big deal as well. I just wanted something more unqieu its way too similar to older nokia or htc11

Haha that would've ROCKED! Oh well. Maybe in 2019?? lol

We'll see man. I wish these Evan Bliss leaks had that info on the headphone jack, but oh well. T minus 2 days!

I feel like it has a newer look with the rounded (but not CRAZY-rounded corners like HTC, Samsung, Nokia, etc) corners, but it still has that Sony "svelt" look to it.

Feb 26, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #1,257 of 1,526
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre.../sony-xz2-compact-price-release-date-mwc-2018

Mixed feelings. lol

No mention of XZ2 Pro, or if they will even release one. XZ2 is 1080p screen, but it DOES have HDR which is awesome. Dynamic Vibration System sounds interesting, but no headphone jack confirmed. Sorry aertus. lol They did do a lil sneak peak where they revealed that they ARE in fact working on a dual camera which is VERY cool! Another pro is that these are coming out IN MARCH not April or May. Hopefully Sony keeps this up.

I was really hoping they'd mention the XZ2 Pro, so that was for me the biggest bummer. What's odd again is they are releasing the XZ2 Compact on Verizon (and it "supports" AT&T & T-Mobile, which PROB means no VoLTE on T-Mo AGAIN but we'll see), but NOT the XZ2 as far as I know. What is that about??

Guess for the time being I'm keeping my V30. lol

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #1,258 of 1,526
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre.../sony-xz2-compact-price-release-date-mwc-2018

Mixed feelings. lol

No mention of XZ2 Pro, or if they will even release one. XZ2 is 1080p screen, but it DOES have HDR which is awesome. Dynamic Vibration System sounds interesting, but no headphone jack confirmed. Sorry aertus. lol They did do a lil sneak peak where they revealed that they ARE in fact working on a dual camera which is VERY cool! Another pro is that these are coming out IN MARCH not April or May. Hopefully Sony keeps this up.

I was really hoping they'd mention the XZ2 Pro, so that was for me the biggest bummer. What's odd again is they are releasing the XZ2 Compact on Verizon (and it "supports" AT&T & T-Mobile, which PROB means no VoLTE on T-Mo AGAIN but we'll see), but NOT the XZ2 as far as I know. What is that about??

Guess for the time being I'm keeping my V30. lol
i really dont like the verge. i think GSM is better. The design is a mixed feeling for many people. The front is actually not bad but i dont like the back. Now that i saw the xz2 in white the design is starting to grow on me. But i dont like that its too reminiscent of HTC/nokia.

and i bet you htc u12 is going to be better.

things I don't like : 11mm thick body (What?), no headphone jack, lack of sony uniqueness in design, looks too much like an HTC.

it seems to me that the FP scanner on the side is the biggest culprit in this whole mess sony is. The fact that Sony couldn't properly sell phones in the USA is the biggest thorn on its side, which forced them to redisgn in order to be able to sell in every market without having to disable FP.

Im sure apple has some say in this BS so they can maintain their monopoly.

Feb 26, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #1,259 of 1,526
i really dont like the verge. i think GSM is better. The design is a mixed feeling for many people. The front is actually not bad but i dont like the back. Now that i saw the xz2 in white the design is starting to grow on me. But i dont like that its too reminiscent of HTC/nokia.

and i bet you htc u12 is going to be better.

things I don't like : 11mm thick body (What?), no headphone jack, lack of sony uniqueness in design, looks too much like an HTC.

it seems to me that the FP scanner on the side is the biggest culprit in this whole mess sony is. The fact that Sony couldn't properly sell phones in the USA is the biggest thorn on its side, which forced them to redisgn in order to be able to sell in every market without having to disable FP.

Im sure apple has some say in this BS so they can maintain their monopoly.

Yeah The Verge sux. LOL But they had more info than others did. GSM IS better. Yeah white/silver is def nice.

Haha perhaps the U12 will be? But I dunno if I wanna go back to HTC at this point. Sony might not be a big power player in mobile, but they're doin' ok at least. HTC however is REALLY struggling as now they're consolidating mobile and VR. But we'll see. I'm also hoping Sony will surprise us in coming months and release XZ2 Pro/Premium with dual camera. But.........then there's always that same nagging VoLTE issue. lol

I think it still MOSTLY looks like a Sony Xperia phone to me. I dunno.

Yeah so now the rest of the world got screwed over b/c they have no issues with side FS in Power button, but b/c of the U.S., they have to have it on back. lol And we STILL don't know FOR SURE if it's Verizon or Apple who owns that da*n patent!! lol

It kills me because they COULD market it and sell through carriers, but they really don't. I'm sorry, but selling the XZ1 Compact through VERIZON doesn't mean crap to me! F Verizon!!! They are SO f'ing stupid for doing that. It is inexcusable. I'm watching Walking Dead last night and guess who was sponsoring it? LG for the V30!! Why the F isn't Sony doing that?!! Will some billionaire who's reading this PLEASE send Sony Mobile a billion dollars on the condition that they FIND THEIR BALLS and start marketing here in the U.S. like f'ing men and not like sissy babies??!

I'm sitting here WANTING to buy the XZ Premium or better the XZ2 Premium/Pro, or MAYBE even the XZ2 (maybe), but why the F should I? So when I'm out and my friends have great reception and I don't I can be happy about that?? lol Nope!

Ok I'm done. lol

Feb 26, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #1,260 of 1,526
Some reviewers of the XZ2 are saying it's overkill to have 4K HDR on a phone screen. But I actually don't think agree. Reason being, Sony is stating that the XZ2 can record in 4K HDR, But how are you supposed to watch it?? lol It's fine if you have a 4K HDR TV, but a lot of ppl still don't.

And this is awesome too (from C-Net):

"Sony says it developed the camera firmware in partnership with Qualcomm to optimise the images for better low light performance, too."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back