Sony Announced NWZ-A820 series.....finally 16GB Sony DAP's
Apr 25, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #302 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by miranon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any hiss with the Shure SE530?

I'm curious as well...

I asked the exact same question earlier in this thread, and never received any kind of response.

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #303 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by dscans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing but a little elbow grease couldn't solve
biggrin.gif

1. download a simple mp3 tag editor like mp3tag here: Mp3tag - der universelle Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2) It's a great, simple tool to clean up or edit your ID3 tags.
2. search for album art covers on Amazon or here: Albumart - CD and DVD cover searchengine (unless you have really obscure albums, these 2 sources should suffice for most users)
3. download your album art, and preferably save them in the respective song directories. (makes it easier to sort and organise)
4. use mp3tag to save the album art into your mp3 ID3 tags.

It's a bit more work, but the pay off is that your album art is properly saved along with your mp3 files, and is useable for ALL music managers and mp3 players that support ID3 tagging.

Is it possible to edit files that are already on the player? (via PC of course)

Apr 26, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #304 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by dscans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing but a little elbow grease couldn't solve
biggrin.gif

1. download a simple mp3 tag editor like mp3tag here: Mp3tag - der universelle Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2) It's a great, simple tool to clean up or edit your ID3 tags.
2. search for album art covers on Amazon or here: Albumart - CD and DVD cover searchengine (unless you have really obscure albums, these 2 sources should suffice for most users)
3. download your album art, and preferably save them in the respective song directories. (makes it easier to sort and organise)
4. use mp3tag to save the album art into your mp3 ID3 tags.

It's a bit more work, but the pay off is that your album art is properly saved along with your mp3 files, and is useable for ALL music managers and mp3 players that support ID3 tagging.

It is much simpler to use Media Monkey: MediaMonkey Standard - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com Just load the song files, select the album, right click, select find tags on Web and it loads the artwork.

Apr 27, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #305 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by natim9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know about the A820, but with the A818 you can't, and I'd expect them to work the same (since they are the same thing in most regards).

This is a bit of a problem for me, and one of the few annoyances about the A818. Most of the time it's no big problem, but once in a while I'll want to change the genre of an album if I don't think it's quite right (this is kind of important to me, since I like shuffling songs by genre), and to do that I have to delete the album from the player, change the genre of the album on my computer, and then transfer it to the player again. If I could just change the ID3 info of the files while they're on the player, it'd be so much quicker.

Apr 27, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #306 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadHazard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know about the A820, but with the A818 you can't, and I'd expect them to work the same (since they are the same thing in most regards).

This is a bit of a problem for me, and one of the few annoyances about the A818. Most of the time it's no big problem, but once in a while I'll want to change the genre of an album if I don't think it's quite right (this is kind of important to me, since I like shuffling songs by genre), and to do that I have to delete the album from the player, change the genre of the album on my computer, and then transfer it to the player again. If I could just change the ID3 info of the files while they're on the player, it'd be so much quicker.

I've only had the A728 for a few days now, but it seems to operate the same way. I need to delete files from the player and then drag & drop the updated files to the player.

Apr 27, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #307 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by thetuc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've only had the A728 for a few days now, but it seems to operate the same way. I need to delete files from the player and then drag & drop the updated files to the player.

Well I guess it's not so bad....it's more acute in the first time I transfered music to the player, since it was a few dozens of albums, you'd expect a few faults

Apr 28, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #308 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by natim9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You could if you change the connection from "MTP" to "USB Mass Storage". Just go to Device Manager and switch the drivers.

But I really wouldn't recommend it, as it might screw up the database on the player.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetuc
It is much simpler to use Media Monkey: MediaMonkey Standard - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com Just load the song files, select the album, right click, select find tags on Web and it loads the artwork.

To each their own, I suppose
smily_headphones1.gif
I have downloaded MediaMonkey and found it to be quite confusing to use, and the UI wasn't the greatest. If all you want is to edit your tags and add some cover art, nothing beats MP3tag for simplicity.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #309 of 477
i like how all they sell for less in usa than japan. but i guess since the version is different and it is harder to get the accessories and you cannot record... but still. id rather just be able to drag and drop from itunes rather than boot into windows (which is out now)

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #310 of 477
Hi guys, got some last-minute questions before purchasing the nwz-a828:

Bluetooth: does it have other uses than cordless headphones? I mean, will I be able (maybe after a firmware update) to connect other devices such as a PC for file transfer? Or a non-sony HiFi? or what else?

Line Out: i read on the forum that I can make a custom line-out cable out of some specific pins of the WMPORT, but where can I find a spare wmport cable/plug to build my own cable? Do you think LineOut will be implemented via firmware update? In the meanwhile, can I connect my hifi to the earphones plug or will it "break" my hifi?

Videos: is "Super c" app right to convert video to a compatible format for the walkman? (it supports both the formats mentioned in the specs)
[ SUPER © . - SUPERsnap3 ]
Can I transfer videos with a simple drag&drop?

Thanks a lot!!

Jack.

Apr 28, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #312 of 477
Hi guys,

I just got an A726. I love it but has anyone found a shortcut to quickly scan through a track? I listen to long podcasts and it's a pain to have to sit with my finger on the 'not very' fast forward button....

Ok, I just had a quick look through the posts (should have done that first) and found it is much quicker if you pause and then FF/RW. Woohoo! Why the hell wasn't this in the manual?!!!!

Apr 28, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #313 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can use any program to convert the video to the right format, including Super, which is what I use.

thanks. what about the other issues?

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #314 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can use any program to convert the video to the right format, including Super, which is what I use.

Any program? How can you the notepad to convert the video then?
biggrin.gif

I use a YouTube downloader which has a converter built in. Or an iPod converter for resizing to 320x240.

Apr 29, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #315 of 477
You know what I mean...any program that'll convert the file format to h264/xvid MP4.

As for the bluetooth and lineout questions, I'm not sure of...I think it'll only play the bluetooth headphones, but don't bet me on that. The lineout, I think I read there was some hack to do that in one of the recent threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back