Sony Announced NWZ-A820 series.....finally 16GB Sony DAP's
Sep 25, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #466 of 477
Sep 25, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #467 of 477
confused_face(1).gif
.. line out? no line out? not 'true' line out? which is it?
ph34r.gif

I wouldn't care too much if I were going to use it with IEMs, but I'm also going to use it around the house with an amp & full sized headphones(away from my computer), so ideally, I would like the cleanest signal possible.

Sep 25, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #468 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by tman1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4. Home screen format- I'm think my old A818 (which I put through the wash, thus necessitating this latest purchase) may have allowed the Home screen to change to a list instead of icons, but maybe I'm getting it confused with my phone. Is there any way to do this? (on the A818 also, just out of curiosity?)

Not on the home screen AFAIK, but you can change the album/video/picture display format to list.

Sep 25, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #469 of 477
Quote:

I think I might have used drag and drop instead of WMP. I was going to try this when I ran into problem #3.

I use MediaMonkey. I just can't warm to WMP.

Sep 25, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #470 of 477
Quote:

I just got the A729 recently from an open box deal on ebay and I've noticed a couple of quirks. Wondering if anyone else has noticed these and if there is a fix or firmware update.

1. Elapsed Track Time - Very odd, definitely not working properly. Basically, it always 'sticks'. It will stay 00:00 while playing, and only changes if I leave the now playing screen and then come back to it (by pressing the 'option' or 'back' buttons, then coming back to 'now playing') - at that point, it will show the elapsed time at that moment, and stay frozen again not move. (It also contiues to display the time while going all the way back to the Home screen, even while paused - is this normal?) (Files transferred via MWP, by the way.)

2. Compilation albums cause new folders for each song - Is this normal? I forget if I had to do something special with the 818 to get the folders to appear in the player just like on my computer, WITHOUT ADDING A NEW FOLDER FOR EVERY ARTIST AND SONG IN THE COMP FOLDER.

3. Computer does not see the player- Last night I unplugged it from the USB and then plugged it back in and it would not connect to the computer - the player just turned on and the now playing screen came up. I think this happened with the 818 but I forget how I got it to see it again.

4. Home screen format- I'm think my old A818 (which I put through the wash, thus necessitating this latest purchase) may have allowed the Home screen to change to a list instead of icons, but maybe I'm getting it confused with my phone. Is there any way to do this? (on the A818 also, just out of curiosity?)

Really appreciate any help!!!

So it sees the computer now. Not sure why it didn't yesterday.

Still wondering if anyone has had the 'time elapsed' problem (just noticed it happens on the sample video too).

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #471 of 477
Nov 21, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #472 of 477
Thread is dead? I've just ordered a black A828.
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe too early? Is Sony preparing something new?

Nov 21, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #474 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out newest S730F/S630F series.

Too late. I've already paid for A828...
ph34r.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #475 of 477
S639 on the way from Advanced MP3 Players via Royal Mail to the US!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Nov 21, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #477 of 477
I picked out the A728 for my dad for $130. It's absolutely amazing, and I am thoroughly jealous of him for having it
very_evil_smiley.gif
. Hahaha....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back