Sony Announced NWZ-A820 series.....finally 16GB Sony DAP's
Feb 19, 2008 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 477

ricthaman

500+ Head-Fier
Well, as the title states,

Sony announced the new NWZ-A820 series, the successor to the NWZ-A810 series.

There will be 16, 8 and 4 GB (Flash memory) models available at launch.

Furthermore th QVGA screen grew form 2,0 inch to 2,4 icnh and the battery life has improved and now covers 10 hours video and 36 hours audio.

The colours available will be Black, silver, gold and pink.

There are no prices known and the Codecs seem to stay the same.
Biggest advancement will be tha addition of Bluetooth with support for A2DP.

This is the original article were I git this info from (gadgetzone.nl | Sony NWZ-A820 met 16GB geheugen). Unfotunately it is in Ducth, but everything it states is transalted into this post!

It will probably be realeased in April of this year.

Greetz.

PS: Here is the original article by engadget. (Sony's NWZ-A820 Bluetooth Walkmans heading to Europe - Engadget)

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #2 of 477
[size=xx-large]YAY!!![/size]

Been waiting for ages. . . April?
frown.gif

Bigger screen is welcome, and longer battery life? More YAY!!

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:52 PM Post #5 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfusion770 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
16gb would be cool. Engadget link

No gapless though if they're the 'Z' series. Shame, I'd still get one anyway - but I really want gapless.
I have it on my 808, but it's filled to capacity now
frown.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:59 PM Post #6 of 477
Will it look the same as the A810 series??
EDIT: I guess it will not be exactly the same as it has a larger screen.

Kudos to Sony (still cannot believe I am saying that)
Now if they could only bring their XBR LCDs down to a lower pricepoint.

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #8 of 477
It's a great time for flash DAPs. So many good alternatives... it's beautiful.

Feb 19, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #10 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by onlychild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great, time to put my 5 day old A818 for sale. They weren't kidding when they said "sorry about your wallet".
smily_headphones1.gif

There was mention on here recently of the 16GB coming out soon! I guess you missed it?
Can you return your 818 if it's only 5 days old - or does the store you bought it from have a 'no returns' policy? If you just bought an 8GB, do you actually need the 16GB?

Feb 19, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #12 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you really going to sell your Zune, Soozieq? 16GB is not 80, right? Just curious, after all you went through to get it.

Probably not. It does have a bigger soundstage than the Sony, and I went through hell to get it as you know!!! And even more hell trying to load it up. The memory still lingers
frown.gif

Anyway, I'm not going to make any hasty decisions just yet. I do find that I'm handling the Zune very very gently for fear of damaging it - but the Sony (whcih has a clear hard case) takes quite a bashing without me worrying about it.

I looked on eBay for some hard cases for the Zune with a lanyard attachment, but the few sellers that had cases didn't get back to me.

Feb 19, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #14 of 477
I agree about soundstage and SQ overall. I like them both too, for different reasons. And as you know, the Zune is also a good DAP for hooking up to a home stereo via it's AV dock, which is the main reason I got it in the first place. Tired of playing CDs. Oh, I also ordered a case for the Sony. The main problem with the Sony is I turn it on accidentally all the time, and have to use the hold button. Same with the Zune. They go on way too easy.

But for someone who was waiting, the 16GB Sony is nice news.

Feb 19, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #15 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The main problem with the Sony is I turn it on accidentally all the time, and have to use the hold button. Same with the Zune. They go on way too easy.

I don't use the hold button on the Sony. I turn it 'off' (into its deep deep sleep mode) by pressing and holding the 'power/off' button and waiting for the 'See you later' message to pop up! It powers up in a nano second anyway!

ihatepopupads
: I know. It IS a fine unit. I'd like to be able to abuse it just a bit more without being paranoid I'll damage it. It's good for when I'm just sitting down and doing nothing else. Although I can use the Sony when I'm wandering around - if I'm using the Zune at the time, I have to switch units.

Life is hard you know
biggrin.gif

P.S What happened to yours? Did you get rid of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back